Notices

The Problem is choice

Old 11-07-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Problem is choice

I have found that when I was drinking, the only real choice I had was which alcohol beverage was going to purchased that night. This is a major deal for me, because sometimes I used to have no choice but to drink and I would always drink to excess.

Since I have stopped drinking, I have all sorts of choices. I can choose drink anything but alcohol and I do. My favourite is Fruit Teas & Green Teas. I love them and it gives me something to drink at night, when I need it the most.

Now I have my choices back, it would be such a shame if I chose the one option, which previously limited my choices. If you like a Free Man, choosing to re-enter a prison cell.

I like being Sober, I am not bored because although I could be quite easily, I have a massive choice of Teas to choose from. My family do not have to worry about me dying from Alcoholic Liver Disease. This would be me making a wrong choice that affects their outcome.

I have noticed after 10 days that my memory is improving, my work is more productive and I am at peace with myself. Not in the hairy fairy way, but I am not obsessed with putting aside money from drink, then hiding bottles and feeling worse for wear.

I am not beating myself up every morning or trying to keep it together at parties, mainly because I am avoiding all parties.

I am also no longer obsessed with the news, I used to worry about the news and then drink and worry some more.

It is high time, I grew up and faced my problems in life without a drink in my hand and as I am slowly realising I am having fewer problems to solve, now I have stopped drinking.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go on 10 days!