Notices

I was NOT made with an OFF Switch

Old 11-07-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was NOT made with an OFF Switch

I would love to be sat watching TV with a glass of red wine. Just one glass.

I would love to be able to design a website and once completed, leave it alone and not redo it fifty times.

I would love to be able to go to the gym without leaving in pain from overdoing it.

Have a meal, without eating too much.

Love without smothering those I love.

Drive without speeding.

I was not born/made with an off switch, so sue me. I will have to just live without starting things, I cannot possibly stop easily.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found that once I stopped futzing with my brain chemistry my off switch got a little better.

I'm still obsessive sometimes but I try to use my obsessiveness for good, instead of evil nowadays

D
Old 11-07-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I found that once I stopped futzing with my brain chemistry my off switch got a little better.

I'm still obsessive sometimes but I try to use my obsessiveness for good, instead of evil nowadays

D
That's really good to hear Dee
Old 11-07-2014, 04:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aloneatlast View Post
I would love to be sat watching TV with a glass of red wine. Just one glass.

I would love to be able to design a website and once completed, leave it alone and not redo it fifty times.

I would love to be able to go to the gym without leaving in pain from overdoing it.

Have a meal, without eating too much.

Love without smothering those I love.

Drive without speeding.

I was not born/made with an off switch, so sue me. I will have to just live without starting things, I cannot possibly stop easily.
I'm very much the same. For me, my natural impulse is to go 100% with anything I do. It's actually a very destructive way to live, despite sounding like the sort of thing someone would say in a job interview.

Even the good stuff, like you mentioned going to the gym I'm exactly the same. I'd destroy myself one day so I couldn't train for a week and I dreaded going back.

Learning that less is more is a real test for me. If I'm not doing everything I can, I don't feel in control.

But there are certain things I can learn to control, like working smarter not harder, or eating better. Drinking and smoking I just can't. I'm wired in such a way that if I get a buzz from something I'll chase it to ruin.