Default Parent

Old 11-07-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Default Parent

I usually don't post articles and such like this. But I just thought this one was tooo fitting. I think most co-dependents are "Default Parents" I know I am!

The Default Parent | M. Blazoned
Old 11-09-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A lot of moms are talking about this on my FB feed. A new mom read this and forced her H to take baby to pediatrician thanks to this article. She had to give directions to MD office... Baby is 7 mo old so any MOM knows baby has been to pediatrician LOTS of times...

Then another new dad wandered in and he did not know location of selected daycare for his baby! So things are changing..., but maybe not fast enough.

On the plus side of being default parent, my kid and I are pretty tight. We've flown solo on some issues without pulling in RAH/ dad.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I enjoyed this article so much lol. It is so very true...but sometimes I kind of like being the default parent.? Please quote me when I say "SOMETIMES". Thanks for sharing this
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree.. there is some factor that I love about being the go to. But I wonder what it would feel like to not have to be responsible for all of that?

And I hear ya CodeJob. My kids are 9 & 6 and their Dad has NEVER been to a doctors appointment.