Notices

reunion underway....

Old 11-06-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

reunion underway....

Had the first night of my family reunion weekend tonight. I told the guests (my siblings) to bring wine or beer if they wanted some. They did, but no one drank to excess. I made a wonderful meal and it was great. I was a bit anxious at first when everyone arrived but only for a short time. I have all sorts of wonderful non alcohol drinks on hand. I've been preparing food in advance so I don't get too stressed out. Everything felt under control and manageable. More family arrive tomorrow and I'm sure the party might amp up tomorrow night. Hopefully I can handle it. I can't live in a bubble. Waking up without a hangover tomorrow morning will help. Am going to focus on gratitude and the fact that I am able to host this wonderful occasion. Thanks for listening. ..I see this sounds kinda boring but I needed to write about how this is going.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound boring at all. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

That's great! Glad everything is going well. Enjoy and have fun!

B
Old 11-06-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You sound like you are living up to your screenname
Old 11-06-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sounds really lovely! Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Old 11-07-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not one bit boring! There's something really amazing about being in the moment, enjoying the food/company! Enjoy every, well-deserved second of your hangover free morning--so nice to wake up feeling refreshed and without regret!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi HappyandFree, I'm glad night one went well. There will be plenty to keep you busy but make sure you take some time to yourself. I found periodic mini timeouts helped me if I got too stressed and started looking at the alcohol as my friend.

We're here for you if you need us! Have fun.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your support. I woke up feeling great and am already preparing for today's festivities and tonight's meal. I doubt if I would have been so calm and organized if I was drinking. I am grateful for being free of the obsessive planning around my drinking. ..will there be enough for me, etc. But I'm not taking sobriety for granted. No, I know better than to do that. So I will also plan alone time today and meditation time. I will try to stay balanced so I don't get grouchy. And......I will cherish this rare occasion with my family. It is rare that we travel from all over this country to spend a weekend together. We are all getting older and won't be around for ever. I will give lots of hugs today and will be clear headed and won't embarrass or shame myself. Hallelujah! Posting is helping me so much. Thank you all again for being here.