Notices

Everything will be alright......

Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Everything will be alright......

I heard this last night on a movie I was watching. Not exactly sure "Who" said it yet it seemed to pertain to my way of thinking

"Everything will be alright at the end and if it's not, trust me, it's not the end"

I do not feel it is necessary to relapse in order to recover. Yet, if it does occur there is still nothing holding you back from recovery.

When I read the quote above, I interpret it as follows.

The battle with alcohol CAN be over-turned, and we then can move in a positive direction. ---the end---

if we still have this problem, it is not the end.....

No matter how long it takes or how many paths we travel --the END does not arrive UNTILL we have succeeded!

So we can't fail, it's not possible
Old 11-06-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I use this a lot.... I even have it on a fridge magnet; "Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end".

However, I also use a slight variation on it. Because saying "everything will be OK" is also subtly the same thing as saying "everything is NOT OK right now".

So, when things are really challenging, I try to tell myself "Everything is OK...."

I look for evidence... in that MOMENT... to support my statement.

RIGHT THIS MOMENT, am I safe? RIGHT THIS MOMENT, am I loved? RIGHT THIS MOMENT - can I offer myself safety and love.

The answer is always yes..... and this gives me a place of peace - however small - to build on.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Low

Or the end could come when one dies from alcoholism which happens daily. I love that saying too, but we have a fatal disease and yes we can fail, it's a progressive ailment, that kills our souls or physical death..slowly. We don't have all the time in the world. Value sobriety above all else.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, you can see what my tagline is.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Low View Post
Or the end could come when one dies from alcoholism which happens daily. I love that saying too, but we have a fatal disease and yes we can fail, it's a progressive ailment, that kills our souls or physical death..slowly. We don't have all the time in the world. Value sobriety above all else.
I like the way I have interpreted it because it gives me hope and reassurance I agree that it is a fatal disease, but by getting the help we need we can slow down the process---sometimes to a healthy bare minimum.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Redmayne

A positive approach ...

From personal (30 years) experience, a personal or individual approach, in recovery will become, if it doesn't appear to do so at first further in attaining not just sobriety, but permanent prolonged sobriety more than sharing experience, strength and hope than anything else.

Said with no intention to mislead, as sharing experience, strength and hope can play a constructive part in mine or anyone's recovery. Of that there's no doubt, otherwise, why are any of us here?

However as is often said, and just as often misinterpreted, it's a 'selfish program' said in not as one would normally interpret the word 'selfish' but meaning that it's an individual responsibility. No one else can do it for you, just as no one else can eat for you or go to the bathroom.

There is always 'an end', to anything. The last words ascribed to the Buddha were,'All life is impermanence,' which is true. Not, even in Buddhist philosophy to be interpreted that, 'ends' don't start new beginnings.

Which after all, recovery and sobriety is all about, both greatly enhanced by a positive approach...