this is really about to happen

Old 11-04-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this is really about to happen

As I type I'm waiting for my fiance to come home from work to yell him it's over. No wedding no relationship I can't do it anymore. Then I get to talk to our daughter in the next day or so and explain everything to her. When we got back together you were sober we were happy! Then a relapse with lies and lies...I can't trust you and without trust we have nothing. Oh I tried I tried to stay by you encourage you support you but I can't do it for you. I love you but I love our daughter and myself more. ..I can't live each day in fear. Fear of Relapse Fear Of finding you On the floor...this Is just To much. Our future is gone I get to call all the wedding vendors and tell them there is no wedding. Wow addiction sucks!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Wow addiction sucks!
You got that right.

Be safe, and please keep us posted.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It really does. Hope you're ok, be strong for you and you little one xx
Old 11-04-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so sorry. I truly understand your pain. But, IMO, not only are you doing what is best for you and your daughter, it's the most loving thing you can do for him as well.

Yup, addiction sucks!!
Old 11-04-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm really inspired by your strength. You are really taking care of the things you need to take care of. It's a big step to call things off, especially having to cancel all the arrangements for your wedding. Sometimes I feel myself making excuses for my XABF's behavior, but your fearless determination to push through a tough time really puts things into perspective. I hope everything goes how you want it to go. I am also the daughter of an Alcoholic, and let me reassure you, she will thank you for protecting her from being exposed to his addiction. Keep your head up, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Next to telling our 9 year old which I'm not looking forward to, that was the hardest thing to do. He says since we r engaged he thought I would stay by him and I would support him into his recovery. I have tried but it is making me a person I don't want to be, always worrying questioning everything being a detective. ...that's no way to live. He broke down about having to tell our daughter he is leaving again cause he is sick. ..I will tell my daughter age appropriate things but will one day tell her everything. This is only the beginning I have to start to heal and take care of my little one...ugh
Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A brave and wise decision! Best wishes to you and your daughter. I hope your XABF finds his way to sobriety some day. Keep your guard up and try do some lovely little things for yourself this week, okay?
Old 11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My daughter took it better than I thought. No tears but some questions may come up as time goes by. I'm thinking of funding someone for us both to talk to I think it's healthy. My ex fiance is trying to find somewhere to live and surprisingly didn't freak out when I told him I was done. Days are hard but I have lots of family support I looking ahead where I'm happy...one day at a time for now