I want off this ride!

Old 11-03-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want off this ride!

We had a good last week, until Friday and even then it wasn't that bad. He got off before me and got the kids ready for Halloween. I met him downtown and we trick o' treated with them. He tells me that he has something for "me", which I already figured out must be alcohol (I don't drink often) but he makes it sound like he is doing something nice for me...which is really him wanting to drink without me bitching at him, so he thinks if he gets me some that I won't say anything.

Friday he even toasted with me to a Sober Life from that night on....yeah right!

Saturday he went to work....About 6 months ago he had pawned something of our landlords to get money to pay for my computer he broke. The landlord was looking for it and of course I protected him as always, borrowed $ from my friend to go get it out of the pawn shop. He came home, stress free now that I saved his ass again and we had a good night with the kids. He was sober.

Sunday he went to a side job...got up at around 5:30 am cause he couldn't sleep because he said he has bills on his mind etc...so he left for the job (which is 2 blocks from our house), said he would be home at 12noon. 12 noon comes and goes...he texts me and asks me what I want to eat for lunch. 1pm comes and goes, 2 pm comes and goes...then he texts me and says that our landlord wants the item dropped off and is going to meet her.

THEN he calls me....I could tell by his speech and the way he was talking he was drinking. I was like are you serious! Where is my food! I have kids I need to feed!!! Oh he went to Costco, then he went back to the house he was working at...2 blocks from our house and then left to the landlords house which is an hour away! Umm, why the f*&$ didn't you think to drop off the food.....Ohhh that's right cause you are drunk!

To top it off we are supposed to drop of his DD at her moms at 6pm (he has custody, thanks to me)... and he gets to the house at 6:20...I of course covered for his ass once again. He actually thought that I was going to let him drive her to her moms...are you freaking kidding me? I made him a pot of coffee, put the kids in the car and left him at the house.

Of course after I dropped her off I should have just went to my friends house and spent the night with my DS, but nope..I took my dumb butt home!

Uhh, I had to sit there and listen to his complaining and whining ass about how everyone else is so screwed up (um, yeah it's YOU buddy) etc.

He calls his kids mom in another state to ask why she hasn't let him talk to the kids...I understand where he is coming from on this one, but don't call her drunk dumb ass! I just stood there and shook my head at him as he stuttered his words and twisted his sentences....and she hung up on him twice! I don't blame her. I would have too!

Finally I got him to lay down, as I know as soon as he is down...he is OUT!
Then I can get some sleep.

This morning, he woke me up with some...well you know. And then I get the I am sorry for what ever I said last night. I want to go back to rehab etc, etc, etc.

Uh I am just so beyond done. I don't know what to anymore.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, I think you got my ex.

You can have him.

...and, I'm sorry. I couldn't do it anymore. ((hug))
Old 11-03-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well -- you're already seeing that you're covering for him all day long. No judgment from me there, I did the same thing for 20 years. But seeing that you're doing it is a good first step. Now -- can you stop doing it?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you sure BB, because I was thinking she got mine!!!!

And I second....YOU CAN HAVE HIM!

Nothing changes if nothing changes....XXX

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Hey, I think you got my ex.

You can have him.

...and, I'm sorry. I couldn't do it anymore. ((hug))
Old 11-03-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My ex once bought a bottle of absinthe as a birthday gift for "me", was extremely anxious to crack it open as soon as he got home. At 10 a.m., on a Tuesday. Acted like I was a buzzkill because I wouldn't drink with him right then. I had to work that night and take care of an energetic toddler all day.
The bottle was empty when I got home from work. He was passed out on the floor in a puddle of urine when I got home. Blamed the cat for peeing in his pants. And that still wasn't my worst birthday with him.
Have you tried Alanon? How many baby mamas does this dude have? Those exes might be onto something.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
My ex once bought a bottle of absinthe as a birthday gift for "me", was extremely anxious to crack it open as soon as he got home. At 10 a.m., on a Tuesday. Acted like I was a buzzkill because I wouldn't drink with him right then. I had to work that night and take care of an energetic toddler all day.
The bottle was empty when I got home from work. He was passed out on the floor in a puddle of urine when I got home. Blamed the cat for peeing in his pants. And that still wasn't my worst birthday with him.
Have you tried Alanon? How many baby mamas does this dude have? Those exes might be onto something.
He has 2 baby mamas...1 here (ONS), 1 in a different state (LTR). I love all his kids (4 of them) as if they were my own. It's one of the reasons it's hard for me to let go of him.
I am going to start attending Al Anon. I know I am a Codie, as they say.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alove2nv View Post

Uhh, I had to sit there and listen to his complaining and whining ass about how everyone else is so screwed up (um, yeah it's YOU buddy) etc.

Finally I got him to lay down, as I know as soon as he is down...he is OUT!
Then I can get some sleep.

This morning, he woke me up with some...well you know. And then I get the I am sorry for what ever I said last night. I want to go back to rehab etc, etc, etc.

Uh I am just so beyond done. I don't know what to anymore.
I remember when all this crap had gotten "normal" for me, too. And I also hated it. And I didn't know what to do, either. I guess I worried that as bad as it was, it would be worse to be alone with NOTHING to do. But I was wrong. It was strange at first - quiet and a bit lonely - but without all that drama I was able to focus on me and my hobbies and interests again, and wouldn't ya know it, I got my life back!

Take care of yourself, from someone who understands...