Being lost what to do.....

Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being lost what to do.....

just don't know.....my nephew who lives so far away is on heroine. I've tried to tell him to stay at the hospital where he is now and wait till monday when his social worker comes to help him. He told me he hates me multiple times then he says he loves. My sister said don't let him USE YOU. I'm the weak one in the family. He already asked his grandmother for $300 because he said he was home less. Needless to say I"m sure it was for the drugs. He has called multiple times collect wanting me to help him and get him out of the hospital to go to a shelter. I told him no but to stay there. He got mad and said fine you don't want to help me, I will just pan handle - he lives in AK. I've talked to a good friend and she said - it's his choice and it boils down to be tough love. I take care of my 87 year old mother who is a widow and I don't want her to get upset over this. I've talked to her and said if he does the drugs again mom - it's his choice. No one forced him or nothing. She doesn't know whats going on....

Well - he left the hospital and I don't know where he is now :'( He did call me twice last night - but I did not answer it knowing all he would do is give me guilt "I'm hungry, I'm cold, I need money, etc." He was at a good place and they were going to help him by sending him to a rehab facility. Well now, he blew his chance. But God willing - he will get help.

Please! For those who have gone through this please let me know what to do. I practically raised him and it's tearing me apart. I a can't stop crying, I can 't sleep - well I'm sure you know what it's like .....
Old 11-03-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Unfortunately, there is nothing YOU can do for him. You are powerless over him. I know how very hard it can be. Been there. I suggest you find a local al anon group and go to a meeting. Also, if you look under the Friends and Families link on this board you will receive more advice because your post will be seen by more SR members.