Notices

My Check-In Thread.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Check-In Thread.

Day 9 and doing fine!

I ate to much on Sunday because my irrational wife was driving me crazy. Normal I would just drink some beer to numb the pain, but I resisted. However, I took it out on a bowl of popcorn and a left over hamburger.

We went shopping for some clothes after lunch yesterday because I need some work shirts for winter. After finding some shirts and trying them on, my wife freaked out because she thought she lost her cell phone.

I had her retrace her steps. She says she had it in the store when trying on a jacket. I called her phone and walked all over the store. Texted her phone to have someone turn it in. Re-traced her steps to find it, but no luck.

She got pissed and wanted to leave. I said, why don't we look some more? Unfortunately, shes on her period.........she was being childish and decided. Fine! I'm walking home. (sigh....... why me......)

I put the clothes back that I was going to buy and leave the store to go fetch her.

I open the car door and I see her cell phone in the seat!!!! wtf!!! I had asked her if her phone was in the car and she said NO!

After several attempts to pick her up on the side of the road she reluctantly gets in the car and we go home in silence. /crickets

The funny thing is, people saw me trying to pick her up and they felt sorry for her, as if I had done something wrong.

20 years of marriage and I still put up with crap like this.

I know if I had been drinking at all, even 1 beer. This could have blown up into a much bigger problem.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Great job on day 9. Good job also in coping with ur situation with ur wife.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you didn't drink Barleycorn.

Regarding your situation, it sounds like both you and your wife might have been blowing things out of proportion. Have you ever considered counseling?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 9 Bc
Old 11-03-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to Go!...BarleyCorn Day 9 is Great

Old 11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey BarleyCorn86, nice job on the 9 days!

I noted where to mentioned about how even a beer could have exaggerated the problem. That was me too. Another bonus of not drinking is the ability to not get too worked up because of some small useless argument.

~Well done~
Old 11-03-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Glad you didn't drink Barleycorn.

Regarding your situation, it sounds like both you and your wife might have been blowing things out of proportion. Have you ever considered counseling?
After 20 years of marriage we've never had counseling. I'm all for it if I knew it would help. Unfortunately, my wife just isn't the type of person to seek counseling.

Usually I can put up with quite a bit of crap before I lose my cool.

I didn't blow it out of proportion. She did. I honestly have no idea why she does what she does sometimes. (Women seem to like to try and get out of moving vehicles also, go figure). I simply wanted to find her new phone that still has a $450 balance due on it.

Oh well, it's over. Usually a good night sleep is enough to clear the air and press the re-set button.

Thanks for the concern!
Old 11-04-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 10 - All Good.

Last night was pretty uneventful.

* Ate a Hamburger and Fries from Wataburger
* Watched TV
* Surfed SR for a few minutes
* Played guitar
* Went to bed

I didn't have any urges to drink, so no problems to report.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 10 BC
Old 11-04-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fellow traveler

Originally Posted by BarleyCorn86 View Post
Day 9 and doing fine!

I ate to much on Sunday because my irrational wife was driving me crazy. Normal I would just drink some beer to numb the pain, but I resisted. However, I took it out on a bowl of popcorn and a left over hamburger.

We went shopping for some clothes after lunch yesterday because I need some work shirts for winter. After finding some shirts and trying them on, my wife freaked out because she thought she lost her cell phone.

I had her retrace her steps. She says she had it in the store when trying on a jacket. I called her phone and walked all over the store. Texted her phone to have someone turn it in. Re-traced her steps to find it, but no luck.

She got pissed and wanted to leave. I said, why don't we look some more? Unfortunately, shes on her period.........she was being childish and decided. Fine! I'm walking home. (sigh....... why me......)

I put the clothes back that I was going to buy and leave the store to go fetch her.

I open the car door and I see her cell phone in the seat!!!! wtf!!! I had asked her if her phone was in the car and she said NO!

After several attempts to pick her up on the side of the road she reluctantly gets in the car and we go home in silence. /crickets

The funny thing is, people saw me trying to pick her up and they felt sorry for her, as if I had done something wrong.

20 years of marriage and I still put up with crap like this.

I know if I had been drinking at all, even 1 beer. This could have blown up into a much bigger problem.
Every time I decide someone I'm arguing with is irrational or childish, it turns out that I'm equally as irrational and childish (at best). I am continually having to make amends to my wife for matching her irrationality with my own. She doesn't have a program of recovery, I do, so I have less of an excuse.

Congratulations on 10 days!!! It does improve on your ability to not make things worse, no?
Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf!

Yes bm2bob, it does make it much easier to deal with stressful situations. I'm definately much calmer. I have better control of my thoughts and can keep them in check.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 9 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!