Notices

Blazing row

Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blazing row

Had a huge row with my girlfriend today, I won't detail what over as I feel it's irrelevant. The main issue is that the rows are happening very regularly, frequently and high intensity, sometimes personal.

I feel very let down at the minute by her, she has a bad temper and it's not aiding my attempt to stay sober at all. I feel like pulling the plug and to be honest, if it wasn't for the fact I own a house with her, I probably already would of done.

Today in the house has been really tough. I had my daughter round and the atmosphere was terrible. My girlfriend was swearing at me repeatedly and within earshot of my daughter I really feel like things are coming to an end.

I have not been a good boyfriend over the last couple of years and it feels like we have been struggling along for a while.

I'm just at a wedding tonight as I'm playing in the band doing music for the evening do. Really glad I'm driving as these places are honey traps for alcohol

Really not feeling tip top here
Old 11-01-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Stewy.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're having trouble in your relationship.

Can the two of you get some family counseling?

It takes two to keep a row going. Maybe try walking away, saying, "We can talk later when we're both calm."
Old 11-01-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry I hate people arguing and swearing in front of children that's not good at all, you need to speak to your gf and explain to her that it's not acceptable. I know what I would be doing. I'm quite black and white with things though, I know it's not always that easy to walk away. Hope you can sort something out, and that your daughter doesn't have to see that again
Old 11-01-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Stewy.

I don't know if you can or if you want to work things out with your girlfriend. But, staying sober and strong will help you through whatever comes along.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hope you can sort things out with her, Stewy.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really don't know what to do. A high percentage of me says I want it to end. That would mean a lot of awkward things would have to happen like potentially having to sell the house / move back with parents / uncertainty for my daughter but there's a line got to be drawn somewhere.

I haven't really got anyone in real life as such to talk to about this. I am close to my family but I don't like to discuss relationship matters with them. I feel at this time that I can't discuss the issues with my girlfriend, they've come up too many times now.

I've said I'll stay in the spare room when I return home tonight but I know that she will keep coming in trying to talk and I'm really not at that stage
Old 11-01-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Stewy. Getting sober is a big adjustment for both of you. A lot of relationships fall apart when one person decides to change by getting sober; it's sort of changing the rules. I hope you can work it out for your little girl's sake as well as for you and your GF.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stewy your stressed i get that but i really do feel you should talk bottling up sleeping in another room is isolating its not good you wont find serenity like that

voice what you feel but bear in mind that she has stayed with you throughout when so many leave

speak honestly truthfully and calmly voice a resolution i dont think you want to break up i think this is a lot of stress like an overload and if were not careful we can short circut (isolate) and its not the way

speak with her stewy stay calm & close to SR were all here for you