Notices

Marijuana Addiction , Effects on Brain

Old 10-31-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Marijuana Addiction , Effects on Brain

I merely want to call your attention to two interesting recent articles (about three days ago) in the N.Y. Times discussing recent reputable research on the possible or probable effects of pot on adolescents of college age, with a focus on physiological effects on the brain.The articles discuss strengthened pot of recent tmes, one mentioning pot sold in Colorado with an 85% THC content.There is also discussion of use and distribution in colleges. Google it <marijuana, Brain Effects,N.Y.Times>

See also and click on

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/loo...trID=C00389882

W.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/02/ed...lts-teens.html

D
Old 10-31-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

An actual link to what you're talking about would have been helpful. That google search leads to many articles, some over 20 years old.

Why not simply post the relevant link?

ETA: Aha! Dee got there first. Presumably that is the article that so discombobulates the OP.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

^ I posted the NYT link.

Sometimes its hard here to know what's appropriate to post and what's not. A lot of people refer folks to Google

D
Old 11-01-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
An actual link to what you're talking about would have been helpful. That google search leads to many articles, some over 20 years old.

Why not simply post the relevant link?

ETA: Aha! Dee got there first. Presumably that is the article that so discombobulates the OP.
I don't really understand. I am 87 years old, still feeling a bit ill from my heart operation and frankly I don't know how to "put up a link" and have too many things on my plate being in the process of moving all my stuff from D.C. to Massachusetts. When I suggested that you google, you would have found the N.Y. Times articles at the very top of the google list, as I did. You would have found them easily and would not have to worry about the ones which were "20 years old". Finally I was not "discombobulated" by the article. I found it interesting and helpful, particularly since I have a grandchild out in Colorado at the University there. I have also sent this article or these two articles to his father and uncle and they also consider them helpful. They too have not been "discombobulated". I presume that I am the person you refer to as the "OP". You must pardon me. I am old, probably very old from your perspective, and have not mastered all the shorthand lingo of today.

W.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this wpainterw. I have a teenage son so this is an important topic.

P.s. You are not old...you have many years of wisdom