Staying on my side of the street!

Old 10-31-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying on my side of the street!

My RAH has been home from rehab for 3 days now. So far things are going really well. Being the codependent wife that I "used" to be, I can actually feel a difference in myself now. In the past, I would have reminded and hounded my RAH about his AA meetings. Not this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I had no idea just how codependent I was. It almost makes me sick to think about it!) He worked in the yard for several hours today and I kept waiting for him to say something about not going to his meeting tonight, etc...To my astonishment, he reminded ME that he had one. All day long I assumed he would forget or just choose not to go. Since he has to work his own program and I have to work mine, I am seeing progress in myself and just wanted to share!!! My God is at work and I am very grateful!!!

Hope you all have a peaceful weekend!!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I hope that things continue to move in a positive direction for both you and your RAH, Bamawife. Just keep swimming.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My post haunted me just a little. I wrote that I didn't realize how codependent "I used to be". Well, I am still a codie but working on that pretty stinking hard! LOL!
Old 11-02-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bamawife, we are all works in progress--you've really grown and learned since coming here, and it shows.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Bamawife, we are all works in progress--you've really grown and learned since coming here, and it shows.
Thank you! I am really working my program hard. I have to!!
Old 11-02-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bamawife,

I am struggling with the reminders BIG TIME. I went to a meeting last night though and so far today I haven't mentioned it. He told me he was going, so that's good to hear. I'm so happy for you and your husband. I think we started posting here around the same time.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy for you, however, as a struggling alcoholic....be very careful of cloud 9.

Remember how long it took to become a codependent? How long he used? Sounds great but also, don't lift expectations too high. Stay on the lookout.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NeverEasyToBe View Post
Happy for you, however, as a struggling alcoholic....be very careful of cloud 9.

Remember how long it took to become a codependent? How long he used? Sounds great but also, don't lift expectations too high. Stay on the lookout.
I am literally waiting on the chip to fall. I am afraid to be too optimistic. I have a plan in place if/when that happens. Prior to working on myself, I would not have had the strength.