Notices

1st Post New & Not sure if I'm in the right Place

Old 10-31-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st Post New & Not sure if I'm in the right Place

I'm so new that i'm sad to say i don't know what recovery is. Before i invest time here or waste anyone's can someone tell me if this forum is just for people who are in recovery or are people looking for help with recovery welcome.

When i first found this site i was under the impression that it was for active users looking for help. I would hate to think that you guys spent lots of work to get through the pain to recover and found a safe place only to come along posts from someone who is still on the other side and i would also hate to think that some of the topics or help i need may set triggers for some people.

I know how hard it is and i am sincerely happy for those who made it . So out of respect i don't want to post anything else until someone can fill me in on the forum. Of course i will look around but it would be really nice to hear from someone out there.

I'm alone (kinda) in all this. I have been hiding my addiction it seems pretty well. There is only one other person who knows and that is the person i use with. It's not easy to discuss quitting with someone who is just as scared as i am. It does have some benefits, like knowing i'm not completely alone, but they need as much help as i do. Also help from a fellow addict can only go so far before one of us fears loosing there partner in crime and tries to pull them back in. Misery loves company. So cliche' but so true.

I hope to hear for you guys soon, also i really hope this is a place for me. i perused through some posts and it seems like the people here are very sincere and supportive. When i was reading them i felt like i walked into a warm cozy room out from a dark cold one. That's why i jumped the gun and joined so quickly.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and to SR. Many of us were still drinking or using when we joined - you are in the right place
Old 10-31-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are in the right place - This is a place for people in all or any stage of recovery. Some are trying to figure out (just like you) if they fit here. Others are on the road to recovery from alcohol/drugs/etc. and still others are either well into recovery or not sure they even need it. Grab a seat (so to speak) make a few friends, ask a few questions and see if this is what fits for you. If not, nothing lost and you may continue on whatever journey you choose

Good to have you here!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your in the right place you want to be sober ?
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was drinking/tapering when I joined. Welcome! I found a lot of support here- hope you do too.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! Yes, you're in the right place. People here are in all stages of recovery. I was still drinking when I found SR but finally stopped almost five years ago.

I'm glad you joined the family.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're welcome to post.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome

You're definitely in the rightest place you could be !
Old 10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're in the right place PinkGoneGrey

SR is for anyone struggling, and for those who want to share their experience on how to stay clean and sober

D
Old 11-01-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, PinkGoneGrey! If you are sick of addiction you've come to the right place. It's good to have you with us.