Notices

Hi, new here

Old 10-30-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, new here

Hi!

I'm new here.

came to this site, looking for some advice about my addiction in drugs and alcohol.

the thing is, i'm 24 now, and I've been doing alcohol and drugs for 8 years now. It was a great ride of my life. when i'm under influence of my addiction, i can do all i want. my confidence is over the roof. i'm burning.

But too much on everything is bad. you see, i always fooling myself that i am not an addict, i can control it and stop taking it anytime i want. But i'm wrong, now i'm paying the price.

Last monday, i was drugged. my girl and i got an argument, i hit her so hard in her face. i almost broke her nose. when i woke up, i don't remember what happen. when i saw her swollen face, my whole body trembled in shock. tears rolled down my cheek unwanted. she hugged me and i felt her tears, and god i felt something blade piercing my f***ing heart

That's why i decided to seek help.

Please, i know, what i did is terrible. and i feel ashamed on myself already.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome the Who,
I believe it's never to later to start again. Make this your Chapter 2.

You'll find a lot of support here,

D
Old 10-30-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Thewho. Welcome to SR
It's a fantastic site and you'll get loads of support here - I love the place!
It's great that you're seeking help.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi Thewho, Welcome, it is fantastic that you are seeking help.

There is tons of support here for you.
Glad you found us.

Any questions or problems you have, just post them.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.
Good for you being here and admitting the need for help. At last you see the results of what we thought we were getting away with and for me it’s a great Remember When period.
There is much good advice here on this site to utilize and put into practice.

BE WELL
Old 10-30-2014, 03:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi thewho, you've crossed a line there, and it's great that you want to stop. How are you planning to go about it? Cold turkey, or medically, or through counselling? I hope you have some sort of plan as you'll be much more likely to succeed if you do.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR
Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you want to get clean and sober. It's the only way to live!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey TheWho, a big welcome!!! You have found a great place for support.

I a can appreciate how you must be feeling; that sick to the stomach sensation after you realize that you did something pretty bad, but don't quite remember it due to the alcohol. I've been there, however in my case it was some very hurtful words. Those too can cause some pretty bad pain and damage.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call, and everybody can move on.

I look forward to seeing you around!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, TheWho, to SR. Today is the best day ever to start over.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Alcohol kicked your ass, my friend... Glad you're here. Write down all the reasons you don't want to drink. Then write down all the reasons why you admire the sober version of yourself. Envision that constantly and be strong. Happy days are to come.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi TheWho, welcome. You're right what you did IS a terrible thing, but I'm not judging you, because I have done the same thing myself!
I'm not going to be as presumptuous as to tell you what to do, but I will tell you what I'm going to do.
The clean and sober me who's typing now would never in a million years do what we did no matter how provoked. I, like you, couldn't believe what I'd done when I woke the next morning, but the evidence was there. I had done it.
I will never forget what I did, but I must learn to forgive myself, and over time I will. The only way that this will happen is that I make a solemn commitment to myself that I will NEVER drink again and I will NEVER change my mind. I will use each and every tool at my disposal (many are discussed here on SR), without prejudice nor any preconceived ideas on their merits.
The evil b*stard who did this, was me, but me under the influence of alcohol/drugs. That b*stard will never see the light of day again.
I suggest you read loads of posts on SR, and I cordially invite you to join us in the "Class of October 2014".
Good luck to you.

ps I make no apologies for the language I have used!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 10-30-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 10-30-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You can be that person if u drink... But if u don't, you can choose never to see that aberration again. But alcohol is warm, persuasive and evil... So u need a plan, help and support. You are on the right path by being here, join the class of october, were all chasing the same idea! X
Old 10-30-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to meet you TheWho.

Alcohol turned me into a stranger - I changed into someone I didn't even recognize when drunk. I had to stop to keep myself from danger. Glad you found us - this is a great place to talk things over.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Being able to admit it and wanting to change your life is a step in the right direction and shows that the real you is good and wants to live a sober life. Develop a plan and stick to it. You can change, you can be free!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I also put my hand on my hubby... I was a college athlete so I hit like a dude. Not cool. Always while drunk... You are being honest and that's what's all about. I suggest you read and make a plan. This doesn't have to be you. You can do this.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

guys, i can't thank you all enough for all of your responses. It's great to know, that, there is someone out there understand what i'm dealing right now without judging me first. i'm not trying to be melodramatic here ('cause i'm not used too, i'm not chessy type person.) But with all your support, it truly touched my heart) thank you so much!!!! i appreciate all of your kind words!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

girlfriend and ti talk about it over night, and i am ready to take a step to cure me once and for all. counselling is first on our list.

right now, i am in my day 3 without alcohol and drugs, though i smoke 3 stick of cigarettes yesterday.