RAH due home today

Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RAH due home today

My RAH is due home from rehab in the next 2-3 hours. I am looking forward to seeing him and talking to him. Albeit, I am a nervous wreck. Since the death of my father in September and 3 weeks later my AH going to detox/rehab, I have been overwhelmed with so many emotions. I haven't felt well for the past couple of weeks and finally went to the doctor yesterday. I have NEVER had high blood pressure. Yesterday my blood pressure was 150/120 and my heart rate was 93. I am now on medication for blood pressure and got a refill on my xanax. I just pray that this will pass soon. I go for a check up in 2 weeks. Happy Hump Day!!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I pray it all goes well and that you get some R&R very soon.

XXX
Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

BamaWife....heave you ever looked into mediatation? It is excellent for sensory overload like you have been under. It is also good for helping to manage high blood pressure.
It is easy and totally safe.

dandylion
Old 10-29-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
BamaWife....heave you ever looked into mediatation? It is excellent for sensory overload like you have been under. It is also good for helping to manage high blood pressure.
It is easy and totally safe.

dandylion
The only form of meditation I have used it what is done at the end of a yoga class. Which reminds me, I need to get my butt back in yoga!!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well, wouldn't you know, he got home 10 minutes after I posted this thread. He looks really well. He is making more sense and has more energy than I can remember. I am just listening to him talk, etc...

Thank you all for the support. You are all such a big help!!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

BW- Just a reminder, his sobriety is his sobriety. It has nothing to do with you. You have your own program to work. Let him do what he needs and take care of his side of the street.

I am so happy for you that he is working a program, but remember he needs to do this on his own. Enjoy a sober husband (for today!!)

Happy Halloween!!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maia1234 View Post
BW- Just a reminder, his sobriety is his sobriety. It has nothing to do with you. You have your own program to work. Let him do what he needs and take care of his side of the street.

I am so happy for you that he is working a program, but remember he needs to do this on his own. Enjoy a sober husband (for today!!)

Happy Halloween!!
Thank you! He is fully aware that I am working my program and his actions, so far, show that he respects it. I am still cleaning up my side of the street and will do so far the rest of my life. Thank you for the support!!
Old 11-02-2014, 12:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Good to hear positive things here! I hope he continues to make the choice to do the next right thing as each day passes. I'm always behind the positive posts because I've never had that in my own life. My AM is a lifer and will likely die from her alcoholism. So I live vicariously through the few who do choose life over alcohol.