Notices

Woke up

Old 10-27-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up

in the best mood this morning. I'm on day 7 sober and haven't felt this fresh in so long. I had 9 hours solid sleep last night and woke up at 9am like a button. Normally my alarm wakes me up at around 11/12 so i can slowly and groggily get some stuff done and start to get ready for work (I don't start until 4pm.) Today i was in the supermarket by 9.30. It was great not feeling rushed and i cooked some soups and tomato sauces and put them in the fridge ready to be used throughout the week.

Tomorrow will be a big challenge for me as, after work i'm going out for my birthday drinks that has been organised by everyone in work. Right now i don't think i will even be remotely tempted. My parents arrive here on Wednesday lunch time which marks the start of the ultimate 5 day challenge for me. Right now i'm feeling so positive about it all.

I have decided that if i make it through this week completely sober then i'm going to treat myself to a 6 week detox before christmas. I've always wanted to do one but am always too skingy to spend so much money on all the ingredients and supplments that are needed (in order to save more money for wine.)

I hope everyone else is having a good day

xx
Old 10-27-2014, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Messy glad your feeling good positive etc well done
Old 10-27-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to hear ML! It does feel good to be so productive. Careful tomorrow, it can sneak up on you no matter how good you are feeling. Best of luck with your parent's visit, have a fun, sober time.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there friend I'm glad to see you're feeling great and realizing the positive changes sobriety brings back into your life. I'm only a little more than a month cleaned up but one of the most positive changes for me as you mentioned is your productivity. Getting up early, working out, cleaning, cooking and doing all with a much more positive attitude. I have one tip for you about your get together tomorrow. Sometimes temptation sneaks up on me quicker than I realize. I know I can't avoid EVERY situation where alcohol is being served and offered. I grab a drink like a Red Bull or Mt. Dew. As long as I'm drinking something the craving for drinking something else is diminished. Try not to make a big deal of telling people who offer an alcoholic drink about your sobriety. Just say no thanks and embrace how great feeling well actually feels. Have fun at your Birthday outing tomorrow and keep up the good work!
Old 10-27-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on 7 days! That's fantastic!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been drinking nestea or fanta orange when i'm out with my friends so far, but i am tempted to tell my friends that i'm on antibiotics for a week just to elimiate any temptation xx
Old 10-27-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job messyliver!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 7 Messy!! Keep pushing through!!