Notices

YELL at ME please!

Old 10-25-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

YELL at ME please!

So it's day 4. The day I always drink! (Since relapsing). And guess what I did? DRANK!

I was literally craving ALL freaking day!

Craving all through my kids soccer games....used every tool in the book. Still drank at a bar!

PLEASE be brutal! None of this ***** crap! I need to be hit over the head or I will DIE!

Sorry for letting everyone down!

:-(

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 10-25-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Why didn't you come and talk to us before you went into the bar Serenidad? You would have had a lot of support to stop you going in. You let yourself down by not doing so, please remember we are always here -- 24/7.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What do you want me to yell at you? You're already beating yourself up pretty good. Do something different this time. Whatever you were doing isn't working.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Why didn't you come and talk to us before you went into the bar Serenidad? You would have had a lot of support to stop you going in.
Because alcohol is the devil!!

Old 10-25-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If you know day 4 is going to be a problem, then by all means do day 4 differently!
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yelling never did any good for me.
All it did was reinforce the manchild thing I had going on.

Being the naughty boy absolved me of responsibility in a way.

Drinkings what alkies do (like you just said 'alcohol is the devil') ...

I obviously needed an appropriate adult and 'they' let me down by not providing one.

Yet..when someone did appoint themselves appropriate adult, I resented them for it.

win win for an alcoholic really...

You don't need to be castigated - you need to work out what's wrong with your recovery plan Serenidad.

You need to work this out cos noone else can do it for you.

whats your plan for when cravings hit? Do you have a Plan B C and D?
Did you use them all?

do you have numbers to call?

and the biggie...why, with everything you're trying to do, would you go to a bar?

I don't need to know the answers Serenidad, but you really do, y'know?

I hope you can work out what you need to add this time

D
  # 7 (permalink)  

Remember, you idiot, (There you were yelled at in a really loud voice) that you end up doing what it is that you really want to do. If you don't - really don't - want to drink then don't.

If you REALLY don't want to drink then go through whatever it is you have to go through and DON'T DRINK. DAMNIT!!!!!!!
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
What do you want me to yell at you? You're already beating yourself up pretty good. Do something different this time. Whatever you were doing isn't working.
I don't know! Tell me how to not give in to cravings !

Old 10-25-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
If you know day 4 is going to be a problem, then by all means do day 4 differently!
Your right! Day 4 is ALWaYS a problem and I KNOW that! For some crazy reason my body always CRAVES big time on day 4!

Should I take day 4 off work? Want should I do?

Old 10-25-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You need a plan. How about a plan that puts you in a situation that is impossible (or nearly so) to drink for day 4 and day 5.... and perhaps day 6. This is a physical thing and you need to get past it. (IMO) How about you glue yourself to someone from AA who knows what you are attempting to do for these few days?

Whatever it is do it differently! (Please note, all this is was said while yelling, . . lovingly)
Old 10-25-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How about not counting days sober? Maybe just wake up each day and concentrate on that day only - Rinse & repeat.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

When all else failed I went to an AA meeting every day and did not drink in between meetings
Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Serenidad -

Dee offers some good advice.

We aren't you, so we can't tell what your plan should be to get you through Day 4.

But I bet you can by looking at today's relapse, understanding what drove you to drink, identifying what you would do differently next time, and putting that into your plan proactively.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
You need a plan. How about a plan that puts you in a situation that is impossible (or nearly so) to drink for day 4 and day 5.... and perhaps day 6. This is a physical thing and you need to get past it. (IMO) How about you glue yourself to someone from AA who knows what you are attempting to do for these few days? Whatever it is do it differently! (Please note, all this is was said while yelling, . . lovingly)
This is a great idea!

Old 10-25-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You know what? I yell at my kids to do stuff after asking them, in many different ways and nicely, and they always, invariably turn a deaf ear to me no matter which method I use. Yelling isn't a substitute for a solid plan for day 4.

If your AV is telling you on day for to go in "x" direction, go in "y" instead. Don't go in bars. Don't go places that serve alcohol. Don't go to stores that sell alcohol. Go to an AA meeting. Reach out here, loud and clear, that you are having trouble. You only go through the pain of battling the urges temporarily. They do ease up. Recognize them for what they are but don't give in. You are aware enough to see and know your pattern. What can you change? Or are you always telling yourself "well, it's day 4. I can never get past day 4." So you don't get past day four. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Beating yourself up and us yelling at you won't change things or make them better. Go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

for me i just got my bum on an aa seat, its hard to ignore my drink problem when i am surrounded by others who have the same problem and just listening to them takes my mind off how i might be feeling its hard to explain how it feels being in a meeting when your in need of a drink but it worked everytime for me when ever my head was battering me over drink

so it might be an idea on your day 4 that you might try a meeting ? whatever your doing at the moment clearly isnt working so its time maybe to do a bit more ?

like i said its so hard to ignore people who are sober in aa meetings and the length of time they have been sober is amazing
so something is clearly working there thats what appealed to me is these guys in aa had something that i wanted they were sober and i couldnt do it so i let them help me and show me how they did it
it might just work for you to if you give it a try ?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I call bull sheet. Why day four? Is it always day four? Seems to me you look forward to day four so you can drink and use "day four" as an excuse.

As was already said, DON'T COUNT DAYS. Don't count the days for a while. Make every day day 1. And mean it. Get through day 1 is all you have to do. tomorrow is day 1 again. Treat it like it is day one and that you want this so bad you will do anything to avoid a drink - "I just need to get through THIS day. That's a simple approach, but you know what? It seems to have worked for a lot of people.
Every day is day one. Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sounds like you pretty much knew you were gonna drink today. Going to a bar says it all.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I haven't had a chance to read the responses to my thread but I PRAY that they were HARSH! You see....I am dying. Just like the rest of the alcoholics that chose to continue to drink. I hate myself right now. I feel extremely hopeless.

I feel like I let everyone down but that's the story of my life.

If you are sober....please stay that way! Please don't drink! It's hell!

Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Serenidad, now you have a goal 5 days sober, rootin for ya.