Notices

Picking a rehab facility

Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mjf

Picking a rehab facility

Hey, I'm researching drug rehab centers and could use some suggestions as to which one might be the best fit. I'm 25, female, and have been struggling for six months. I prefer warm weather and nice accommodations, but am paying out of pocket so am looking for somewhere under 20,000 per month. I believe in god but am not particular to any one religion. I'm better suited to a more casual and flexibly structured program. I've struggled with an eating disorder and can hopefully work on that too. And I like yoga which seems to be pretty common for these places. If prefer somewhere on the west coast but it's more important for me to be somewhere warm since I live in Alaska. I'm open to centers abroad as well. Thanks you're input guys I'm pretty overwhelmed and would appreciate advice from anyone who's gone down the path already
Old 10-25-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

$20,000?
Old 10-25-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, I just wanted to welcome you to the site. I don't have any experience with rehab but I know others here do so hopefully someone will pop in soon and give you some guidance. I am sure you have googled a lot, there is probably a third party site with ratings and user feedback, I'd try to look at those first. I am sure any for-profit business with have a flash website with content geared towards sales. Best of luck and congratulations for making such a smart decision.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Mjf. I'm not familiar with in-patient rehabs myself, but The Fix regularly does reviews.

Drug Rehab Centers | Addiction Treatment | Rehab Reviews – The Fix
Old 10-25-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR mjf im sure someone will be able to assist you with advice & more affordable options

Nice to meet you
Old 10-25-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

have you looked at bali? Not that I've been there but nice weather. Also at your age it would introduce you to adventure and maybe able explore other cultures, only if you want to spend that much. I live in Australia and the cost is 85% of income, unemployment.
The first 3 months is usually the extent of the course then if you stay on it's about re-entering society.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
In my opinion, rehab really isn't about the accommodations or the weather. It's about learning a new way of life. If you're serious about getting help, climate and fancy facilities really shouldn't playing a role in your decision. Quality of care should. The rehab I went to was just a few steps up from jail in terms of accommodations, but it saved my life because of the quality of the counselors.

With that said, I have heard very good things about the Ranch in Tennessee. They are one of the only places I know of that treat both alcoholism/substance abuse and eating disorders.

The Ranch | Drug Rehab Eating Disorder Trauma Treatment Center | Sex Addiction | Nashville Tennessee TN

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!