Notices

what has motivated me to stay strong

Old 10-25-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what has motivated me to stay strong

1.health -I've seen what it has done to me on the outside -scared to think of the inside.
2. $$$ - we have big expenses coming up for my hubby. Pop and beer just adds up to a crap ton.
3. My daughter -she needs a caring mom for years to come- also doesn't need to be around it.
4. My husband- he is going to need my support to get him through not drinking after his surgery. Hopefully it is a permanent sobriety.
5. My parents -they aren't getting any younger. They need my help on the farm sober.
6. My brothers and their families - everyone needs a crazy aunt (in a goofy/fun kind of way - not jail time crazy)
7. Work - I used to think I functioned well with a hangover/still drunk from the night before. Not really I got the work done, but not until 3-4pm then just craving the drink again. Now I can get work done then having the rest of the day to work on other projects.
8. Legal troubles -I've never gotten into any, but the way I was drinking I could have easily done so.
9. Happiness -it seemed like when the dark cloud over my head like in cartoons. That is slowly lifting and the sun is starting to peek through.
I know there is more, but feel free to add your own
Old 10-25-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like everything on your list. I would like to add: 10. Myself. Accepting who I am and loving myself rather than loathing. Forgiving myself but not forgetting what brought me here. ( I guess this could fall under #9 too )
Old 10-25-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

All good reasons; some for me is relaxing at social gatherings, not having to monitor how much I could get away with. Waking up clear headed and without guilt.
Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

This post made me smile loved it thank you Rachinator
Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice post Rachinator!!