Notices

Please help me pointm me what to do

Old 10-24-2014, 12:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please help me pointm me what to do

I'm not sure but beet off and off a bouple of times with boose. Rectnly I swered up went on a bender for 4 days drinking only beer till i FALLDOWN. Then wake up and do almost the same gradually until evening.

Anyway lsat day I woke up and my wife also said I need help I drove to nearest hospital saw psychiatrist. My biggest problems usually were anxiety and panic attacks that are triggered by my stomach, each time they are progressively worse some days I thoought I would die. Cold sweats, shaking, chest pains..... However I came to ask doctor for something 1-2 day just to get though those nightmares and then i CAN take over from there. During day time I usually can find what to do to keep myself distracted.

I was given Lorasepam 1mg each pll to take 2 PILLS X 4 A DAY so basically 8MG a day. I lied I took about 5 because I hate benzos and never took more than 0.5 xamax for a few days. I dont want anymore boys and girls. Today so far I took 1 g to see how I feel.

Why? I dont like it, cant see straigh, everything blurs, I cant eat becaause throat muscles feel sore and hard.... I cant walk straight, I tried to get off the bed and felldown. Psysically I feel worse tahn anyhting. today I was crying because it makes me feel the same as Im drunk and no taking away anxiety or panic actually gives more with physical symptoms I have felt before.
How do I teper off? I was never additct for benzon, but never had so many in 1 day. I never had urge for seizure from alcohol but here I feel like i might have one. Pease help me I feel so bad... hospital said to me out of question admitting insurance wont cover and my money is short. Doctor alsao said I would administer double of this dose throgh IV if you were here.

Can I should I just stop only if I used it for 1 day ( 5-6 MG) today so far 1 mg only. Im like a ticking bomb here I cant enjoy this feeling, with 2 pills I feel okay but only in bed.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're concerned, I really urge you to seek some professional medical advice, sup3r1or.

Members can share their experience but we can't tell you what to do... medical advice is against our rules.

Were you drinking with the benzoes too?

D
Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i hvae spoke to a doctor 2 days ago and he put me on this meds. I said to him Im not a hardcore alcaholic I dont drink hard liquier at all, I might be on a bender with only beer and no drugs till my stomach gives up wtu gastritis etc. Got on this thing by his advice at fist though will be like xanax 1 pill before bed. But not 8 from 7am to 10 om. Feel so **** now.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I nearly killed myself with 'only beer' sup3r1or.

Alcohol is alcohol, I'm afraid.

Sorry, but I'm still not sure if you're still drinking as well, but drinking on benzos is bad news.

I would see the doctor again. Be honest. The only person you hurt by downplaying things is yourself...
Old 10-24-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think you need to be totally honest about how you feel and make sure you speak to a doctor and tell them you don't like the tablets and be honest that you won't take them, the fact your on here and talking is such a positive thing I hope you get this resolved :-)
Old 10-24-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, I am sorry you are having such a hard time now. This is a great place to come for support as you seek recovery. Please do keep checking in here.
That said, what you are facing now sounds like a serious medical issue. No one- on this site or any other site- will be able to diagnose you over the internet. You need hands on care right now. How can you get to a hospital? It doesn't sound like it would be a good idea for you to drive. Can you get to a bus stop? Do you have a friend who can come pick you up? Otherwise call a taxicab. If all else fails, call for an ambulance. Seeing a doctor will be the first step in getting this straightened out.
Good luck.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do not drink anymore I stopped 2 days ago. Started treatment yesterday and feel like total ****.

Let me quote my last e-mail to the doctor:
Dear Doctor,

Please advice me with understanding, I want to stop this medication or change it to something less strong sedating. I want to do things read a book, walk for fresh air... I cannot. I cannot see anything in front of my face. I cannot walk in straight line, i get more and more scared already and my body starts to twitch all my muscles on legs are twitchig like after morphine shot I had at BNH for my surgery.

I only used xanax 0.25 in my life once for sleeping and librax 1x3 a day so I take for evening only.

Kast time I admit in CM Ram Hopsital with same symptoms got 10 mg valium + sleeping pill. Night was bad, cold sweats, but i still slept 5 hours. Next day no valium no sleeping pill, next day go home.

I learned in UK with my counselor how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks adn they only happen after I drink, each time stronger. Now I cannot use this because of Lorazepam I cant walk or talk to do anything. I really don't like this feeling it is the same feeling as being drunk, I hate being drunk. I feel a lot of anxiety now but not much releaf.

How do I taper or Lorazepam safely?, how to I at last get to condition when I can see things clearly, walk properly.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Previous letterDear Doctor.

After spending a full day observing my condition and taking all the medication im told i noticed so strange scary things. Almost complete loss of movement and coordination. I fall down on the floor while getting off a bed. I cannot walk probably everything k blurry and dizzy and k have no sends of balance. I walk like im very drunk with my legs not listening to me.
Overall this medicind gives me same feeling as if i drink too much bder that gives me more fear because i don't like that feeling.

Chest pains are still there as well ocassional body movements when i rest i sudsely feel tention for 1-2 ib my abs or legs

Stomach ache seems to be quite common after this medicine with a lot of liquid stool. Yesterday night after last dosd i seemed to have had hallucinations of people in the room spending newr tv. Or wardrobes and lamps moving around.

I have only tried valium a d xanaz before and neither one game me feings like this before.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My choice would be either tamper off a bit I have only done 1 day 6-7 mg of lorazepam and today so far 1 mg only. Think by evening will do 0.5mg
Old 10-24-2014, 02:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My frist email from the doc yesterday..... was this, mind I say I think I felt a bit better yesterday
Dear Vitali,

You are now having "Alcohol withdrawal" symptoms.

The best way to relief is taking Lorazepam (Ativan) 1mg/tab that I prescribed you yesterday. It seems 2 tab four times a day don't work. Please increase dose to be THREE tables FOUR times daily (12 tab / day) for today and tomorrow.

The symptoms will be reduced and you may feel asleep, then. The symptoms those you are suffering will be disappeared by 2 days.

Please note that, all insurance companies have consulting doctors to inspect the treatment plan of hospital doctors. Therefore even I write you have stomach pain, they will find out that it relates to alcohol drinking (alcohol induced gastritis). So, insurance company won't cover the hospital expense.

Best wishes,
Old 10-24-2014, 02:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So that hopsital is around 1 hour away. There is one more hospital in this remote region, with worse doctors adn mostly likely no expert on duty. So I was thinking only thing to do is go there and say this is my meds, I think this is too much for mee and medicine is too strong, I feel worse after it than before I took it. Maybe he/she can give me some medicine taht can help me get off this Lorazepam easier and my biggest grain here I feel way to sedated to do anything at all. But still have anxiety with it.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ok, thanks for sharing the communication with your doctor, that makes it clearer. First, good for you for not drinking and remember that drinking in this situation will only make everything worse.
Next, this is YOUR body and your health, you are smart to push this if the medication does not feel right to you.
Again, no one here can give you medical advice. I have no idea if what you are going through is in fact withdrawals and MORE medicine will help as your doctor says or if what you are experiencing is a side effect of the medication.

I gather from your name and from some of your English that you are a foreigner or that English is your second language, is this correct?
I am also living in a foreign country and know that this often means we have to work doubly hard to have ourselves heard and understood.
From your doctors email he seemed to give you a quick response, not fully answering your questions.
If you do not feel the medication is right for you, insist that you be seen by your doctor, or another one and insist that they listen to you fully.
Unfortunately people often mistake a less than perfect command of the language as a sign of unintelligence which is NOT true.
I would go to the hospital, ask to see a doctor and say the following:
"My English is not perfect, but I am a smart man and know my body. I need someone to listen to me and help me"

You need to take control of this and be your own biggest advocate. If you are not able to do this alone, try investigating if there is some sort of public assistance available for you. Someone who can come with you and advocate on your behalf. Don't give up and don't doubt yourself.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ahhhhh!!!! So sorry, I re-read everything again. I thought you were in the UK now. I think you are now back "home" in another country. You were in the UK where you learned the techniques to deal with anxiety.

Now, to communicate with us here on the forum you have translated your emails to and from your doctor into English. Is that right?

If that is the case then you can clearly communicate with your doctors where you are. So, again, I would go to the nearest hospital and insist to be seen.

Sorry for the confusion! You did a great job with your English, sometimes though just one or two words can change the meaning of a phrase so it took me a couple of times reading to be clear on what you were trying to say.

Get to the doctor and do check back in and let us know how it went. We are here for support anytime.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply, Yes I'm not a native speaker but my coorditation is so bad after my last doze that's why I couldn't write straight. Im short on cash, I'm suppose to start need job next month so I have a week or 2 to get other over this sheit. Admission to the hospital is out of question, I do have insurance but it won't cover tried to rub it by docs in different ways.
He also stated (guess he thinks I drink way too much and take drugs which I dont) if I admit he will whack 18mg per day though IV. Which scares me more.

He seems a decent guy a Psy professor at the university, we talked on the phone for last 2 days.
I only done it for a day yesterday about 8mg today woke up in hell.... took only 1mg today plan to take either 1mg or 0.5mg only. Tomorrow 0.5 in the evning and done hopefully wont be too painful.

However doc also suggested this: "Dear Vitali,

The best way is slowly tapering off. From 1mg to be 0.5mg, then quit.

Best,
Ngamwong

Then he added Dear Vitali,

Seem like you are so suffering with the symptoms.

Alright, I agree with you to stop taking Lorazepam. However, please take Zolpidem (Stinox) the sleeping pill, just in case you can't sleep tonight.

Take care.
"
Old 10-24-2014, 03:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome sup3r1or, Meraviglioso has offered you excellent advice here I hope you will think about it.

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
If that is the case then you can clearly communicate with your doctors where you are. So, again, I would go to the nearest hospital and insist to be seen.
This is good solid advice. I understand that you are short on cash and due to start a new job but all of this must be sorted so that you are well. You say that you are in a remote region, can you get transport to a hospital?

My thoughts are with you.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope it is not going to be to bad, I just worried aboutt he dosage I was prescribed and think if its safe me to go cold turkey or should I lower it. I have only taken lorazepam 1 day and a half. Big dose yesterday and small one today and jus hope to drop the small one soon.

In regards to my alcohol I ave been through this road a lot. Before I went on a bender for 4 days, I havent touched alcohol for 1 month, prior to that 5-6 beers for 2 days then nothing again.

I haVE never yet came to realize when I stopped drinkign what do I go through AW or severa anxiety and pani attacks because it seems to be triggered from stomach then the pain goes up,crushing chest pains, shallow or difficult breathing and cold sweats. One night I wont sleep, next one I will, then another one I wont sleep..... It helped to stay positive. But all those physical sensations always get more severe with each time I get wasted. So i came to this doctor because my wife instisted I didnt want to go anywhere benzo, but wanted help to avoid what waits for me in coming nights.
I was expecting something like 0.25 xannax 1-2 times a day for 3-4 days. Didnt expect 36 pills of Lorazepam with such a high dosage.

Problem is, go evaluate another doctor will just give me either xanax or valium and thats all. They are not psychos but just regular doc on duty thats how it works here in Northern Thailand in the evening. They will switch pills for you left and wright.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please understand we cannot give any kind of medical advice.

Contact your dr or go to an ER if you are concerned or have questions regarding medication.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So on the first day I got this med I got took 5mg over a day. Second day I took only 1 after talking to doc and I didnt like its effects, so today I didnt take any. I slept alright, today I got up and went to local clinic done liver function test, EKG, kidney test. All test were normal liver test one parameter was a bit high 60 with normal max usually 40. Anyway, I went back doing my errands and oh my god how my day deteriorated, I dont know if I'm about to die is this another panic attack (suspect it is) I havent felt like taht since 2004. I yawn and feel sleepy yet I just kind of twitching a bit and kind of always moving, feeling hot and feel confused.
I dont think I should take any lorazepam today, at first I thought maybe 0.5 but decided not to. I also got sleeping pills, but kind of scared dying from heart failure or something in my sleep.
Basically its been over 72 hours since my last drink and I drank for 4 days before. Prior to taht nothing for weeks. Tomorrow is my wife's birthday. I feel kind of scared, sometimes felt like I will pass out. Feel more like a panic attack I guess.

I noticed that I dont like effects of Lorazepam but now I feel anxiety mixed with same feelings like I get from taking it.