Notices

Looking for meeting

Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Looking for meeting

Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a meeting near me over the past few days without any luck. The online listings are VERY outdated. The one that I tried tonight was completely dark. The first one on Monday had one person in the building. Since I'm still just trying to get back, I need a meeting with at least like 10 people. I'm in Flint, MI so you'd think there would be active meetings all over the place, but so far no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there is probably an AA hotline for the Detroit Metro Area, if not one for Flint. you could call them and see what they recommend...

if it turns out that there really are no viable meetings near you, online (Skype) meetings have been an enormous help for me
Old 10-23-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bryan, I'm not really an AA person but I'm in the same county as you. I agree that the online listings are outdated. Call the number on the website (810 234 0815) and the volunteer there will give you updated meetings for your time and location. Then you can pick up the booklet with the current listings. The booklets are accurate.

There are TONS of meetings in Genesee county! I hope you find some that work for you. Thetford, Ballenger and Davison Rd are frequent and attract a ton of people.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you find the information you need.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You could try contacting some local hospitals that have rehab facilities. They usually keep a good list of active meetings. You might also try contacting the local Alano club. Here is the contact info for the Alano club in Flint incase you didn't run across it already.

Alano House of Flint
2608 Maplewood Ave., Flint, Michigan
United States
(810) 233-0737

Good luck
Old 10-23-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Skype AA

Originally Posted by b086 View Post
there is probably an AA hotline for the Detroit Metro Area, if not one for Flint. you could call them and see what they recommend...

if it turns out that there really are no viable meetings near you, online (Skype) meetings have been an enormous help for me
How do you find and participate in those? Are they on a schedule, ongoing or spontaneous?
Old 10-23-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
Hi Bryan, I'm not really an AA person but I'm in the same county as you. I agree that the online listings are outdated. Call the number on the website (810 234 0815) and the volunteer there will give you updated meetings for your time and location. Then you can pick up the booklet with the current listings. The booklets are accurate.

There are TONS of meetings in Genesee county! I hope you find some that work for you. Thetford, Ballenger and Davison Rd are frequent and attract a ton of people.
Exactly what I'm looking for! I'll try to find times for Ballenger to see if they work for me.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BryanM View Post
Exactly what I'm looking for! I'll try to find times for Ballenger to see if they work for me.
Meetings ยป

There's a daily one called "Lunch Bunch" there at the Unitarian church, probably 40-50 people. Haven't been there in ages personally, but it's a very nice meeting.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

http://geneseecountyaa.org/