Notices

Day 8 got worse

Old 10-22-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 got worse

Bad has turned to worse and now my long term partner and I have furiously decided to part ways (whom I just bought a house with 6 weeks ago, but unfortunately it's only my name on title so now i'm on the hook for the huge mortgage which I cant afford alone). My world feels like it's falling apart. My cousin was trying to convince me to go to an AA meeting with him tonight but I cancelled. Well, I tried. He asked me to come once and only once and if I didnt get anything from it then he would leave me alone. (to be fair, I contacted him about this..) I've agreed to go but am so nervous. Break up, bad day at work, not feeling very good about myself, crying every twenty minutes, can't stop thinking that just a few drinks would be enough to numb all of these feelings right now. Can't stop thinking about it. Can't stop thinking about it.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry for all you're enduring today. I hope your meeting goes well and a better tomorrow for you. Please stay strong.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about the bad day, but drinking, while feeling great for a little bit will only make you feel worse! When all else fails for me I take out the peanut butter captain crunch and have an oversized bowl, of course once the sugar rush wears off I'm not going to feel all that great, but at least it will have pushed me through another day and I can always just add another mile or two to the run in the am. Good luck and try not to drink.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Hey TheLayers,

First, congrats on your eight days. I'm sorry to hear about some of what's going on with you, which seems to be complicating your sobriety goal. Sounds like bad times indeed, and at the worst time at that.

It would be easy to drink again and numb up, however nothing will be different, except that you drank again- thus adding one more thing to your already difficult day. Then tomorrow you'll have all of the other stuff, plus the realization of knowing that you started drinking again, which I would guess would only exasperate how ****** you must be feeling. I know that's how I'd be looking at it. Eight days is no small feat, especially if you were in deep.

Perhaps try and hunker-down and fight the fight tonight, then see where things are in the morning? At least you would feel some satisfaction in how strong you are by abstaining, even when things could be better.

Plus there's here. Lots of support.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EndGame

Sorry to read about your struggles, TL.

Moving has always been among the top most stressful life events, and this is made worse when there are significant financial concerns involved. Many of us dismiss or minimize the stress involved in moving, and some know nothing about it at all. Many relationships are never the same following what seems to be the simple process of moving. It rips us out of our routines, presents new (and often unwanted) challenges, and puts us in a place that, compared to where we last lived, just doesn't yet provide the safety and security we're used to. We also tend to miss the "little things" about our familiar habitat, often with an intensity that can be startling.

Moving is an enormous act of separation, if nothing else, and very few of us manage it with grace alone. I'm wondering if, after things settle down a bit, you and your partner can have a calm and serious discussion about the possible future of your relationship. You've got nothing to lose.