Let down yet again

Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After all the ******** I've been through, yet again I pity the alcoholic ex and get child services to reach out to him because he's so ******* desperate to his son.. And when they do.. And they tell him what needs to be done and he agrees to do it do you think he actually does it? Im sick of him pulling the poor me card, wasting my time and the entire ******* universe to leave everyone hanging... What a nightmare.. Don't tell me people I haven't tried!!! No one can say that I withheld his son from him anymore.. No one and everyone that does can shove their comments up their arse. Even after a restraining orders been put in place I'm still trying my ******* best. What a waste of 5 years of my life.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel very little pity for my ex, especially where our son is concerned. He is naturally the first one to complain about me "keeping them apart" like he has no part in it. He got his phone shut off so he can drink the money, complains about paying child support because again it cuts into his drinking budget yet somehow it's all my fault they don't have a relationship.
He brought this about with his choices and behavior and has done nothing to correct it. It's not my or anyone else's job to make him be a parent. We send him cards and pictures at holidays because my son wants to. They talk on the phone when my ex manages to sober up enough to borrow a phone and actually call at a time when our son can talk. That is the full extent of their contact. I feel sad for my son, but there's nothing I can do. Active alcoholics will have grandiose moments of entitlement, but that doesn't mean they are actually entitled to anything, especially not a relationship with a child who they are choosing to ignore and neglect so that they can drink.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Stoic

Echoing the story here as well...my AW is the first one to yell to the world how I've "stolen her children from her" and am keeping them away from her.
Yet, she's authorized supervised visitation and has not ONCE come to visit them in a year and a half, even though it's only 4 hours away.

Actions and sacrifice determine whether a mother/father is a good parent. Telling your kids you love them over the phone when you bother to call them once every 8 days is not a good parent.

Killer...scribbler...giving up things so that our kids can have what they need, staying home to take care of them while they are sick, being there for them 24/7, and protecting them from the madness of their alcoholic parent...the people in THIS forum are the good parents.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He has choices...sorry for your pain and your child.