Notices

Day 3 and relationship problems

Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and relationship problems

Day 3 but really day 13 other than one mouthful of wine so why am I still getting fake hangovers??!!!!!!

Hubby is feeling neglected. For the past 8 weeks I've had foot injury, 3 back to back cold viruses, struggling with my depression and trying to stop drinking. So haven't really been a great wife. Add both of us coping with child with additional needs who gets up between 4 and 5am and we are both tired which doesn't help. He works 12 hour shifts so I'm on my own a lot and then when he's home in the evening I'm so knackered I really can't be bothered to talk (or anything else if you know what I mean)...

Gonna try to explain how I feel later. I don't feel supported by him in lots of ways but he's a great dad. It has been going through my mind lately though, would we still be together if we didn't have our son? Not sure if I'm feeling that because of my depression or stopping drinking or what.

Anyone else had relationship issues when stopping drinking?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been sober 204 days. I still get "fake hangovers" but really it's probably a combination of dehydration or eating too much sugar or not getting enough sleep or not exercising. It sounds like you might be having trouble with self care. Not sure what to say about a grown man feeling neglected. I don't mean for that to sound haughty. Maybe I'm missing some details?

Also, you're working on getting sober. How can that not be considered a good thing?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Sorry no advice, sending you a (((((hug)))))