Notices

Oxy and Booze Withdraw

Old 10-19-2014, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Oxy and Booze Withdraw

I get on here and read regularly when I'm using, but never feel like it's fair to post when I have zero intention of sobriety. Anyways, things add up, like they always do.... And I decided to quit again.

I know no one can give medical advice, but I quit a very light oxy habit (15 mgs daily for a year) and semi heavy drinking habit (10 drinks a day for 2 years). Right now I've got the benzos (prescribed) to make life a bit easier, I've only used small amounts (2-5 mg Valium) to get some sleep. Besides a lack of energy, insomnia, some hot flashes, and the expected GI issues, I've had no other withdraw in 48 hours so far. It literally just feels like I ate some bad Mexican food and of course the craving for a drink and few pills to end the night as usual... Old habits die hard....

Am I out of the woods and ready to start a recovery program that easily? Or has anyone seen it take a few more days for heavy withdraw to kick in??? I was expecting hell and cleared my calendar for a week detox.

I've also detoxed off booze multiple times before, once was full blown dts, and once was extremely heavy anxiety (1 year of PAWs anxiety too) and insomnia. I always thought each withdraw got worse??? I'm so confused...

Let's pray it sticks this time. Just another roadblock to sobriety.... Just another roadblock.... Any advice is welcome. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can start a recovery programme anytime you like walktheline - as for withdrawal..we're all different...but I hope you'll be lucky

D