Notices

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Old 10-19-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Man, I know I've burned up a ton of time and forum space on my inpatient stuff, but I am honestly stuck. I know I need inpatient, but scared to lose everything, scared because I have court hearings coming up and I wouldn't be present. Just scared you know.

I am quite honestly, I am certain its apparent here, a paranoid private person. In person I am unassuming I am a nobody. I try real hard to just appease who I am around. A lot of that is trying to score alcohol or other things in the past, if you're friends with everyone most people will help you out.

I need inpatient, but my fears, not wanting to lose my stuff, not seeing my daughter for 30 days, losing my housing help, being away from the wife, and my court hearings have me stuck. I mean stuck.

All of you have given me great advice, and I appreciate it, I just can't make a decision to save my life. I am literally at a stand still, no decision is a decison anyone in my position should have to make.

Well good Sunday to you all, and good night
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TDG,

I wish you wish you well, but if you are anything like I was inpatient is your best shot at getting sober. All the other things you list as things keeping you from treatment are things you are most apt to lose if you keep drinking.

That said, if you are not in a place to make the internal commitment to rehab you probably are not ready to get and stay sober yet. The cruel truth is not everyone lives long enough to get sober. You might want to consider that in light of spending 30 days in rehab away from your child.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Inpatient will have to let you go to court. Your daughter will be fine. Let the house of cards fall. You can build a better one.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I suffered the same thought process was I was making the decision, but ultimately came to the same conculsion eddie stated above. That if i didnt quit, i was going to lose everything anyway and ultimately my life. So I went and when I got out, not one of the terrible things I thought were going to happen actually came to be.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I was in a similar spot two weeks ago. I knew I had to do something to help myself get out, but I couldn't decide what. I went around in circles about my options, and in my head none of them worked. I had to break it down and take things one at a time. I also, like you, catastrophize everything and expect the worst. If you know you need inpatient, start making arrangements one by one. I thought the world was going to end if I tried to change it, but it's actually getting better.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
Inpatient will have to let you go to court. Your daughter will be fine. Let the house of cards fall. You can build a better one.
I think this is good advice Jeremy. I have not been in rehab but they would either have to let you go to it or the court would continue the hearings and such until you could get out.

It is like the instructions when flying to put the oxygen mask on yourself first and then assist anyone else who needs it. What good are you to others if you are incapacitated. Take care of yourself, get better, make progress and go on.

my 2 cents
Old 10-19-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know it's a difficult choice. You know my thoughts on the matter already.

Do you have any real life mentors or people whose opinion you trust to talk this through with J?

D
Old 10-19-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
I think this is good advice Jeremy. I have not been in rehab but they would either have to let you go to it or the court would continue the hearings and such until you could get out.

It is like the instructions when flying to put the oxygen mask on yourself first and then assist anyone else who needs it. What good are you to others if you are incapacitated. Take care of yourself, get better, make progress and go on.

my 2 cents
All of this said...Things might even go better for you in court if they know you are committed to a treatment program.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think at this point you need to "let go" and just give rehab a try. There's so much to lose in the long run. I know it's scary and there are unknowns but I think it's clear where you're headed if you can't get straightened out. It will be worse if you don't.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

You know how i feel also J