Notices

Day 1

Old 10-19-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Should have been day 11 so annoyed with myself. Never mind yesterday is gone so fresh start again. Thanks for all your support last night
Old 10-19-2014, 01:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Congratulate yourself for coming back from the abyss, Mavis, and so convincingly too!
Old 10-19-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're here, keep moving forward!
Old 10-19-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well done, Mavis. Go girl
Old 10-19-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mavis when i got sober i was the exact same worse in fact i could not get sober let alone stay sober 11 days 10 days etc it was like everytime id F'd up i was straight back up trying again it was a hellish 3 months i think your doing great

i know your going to do this

Havev you had that chat with husband as he really needs to understand that your going to need understanding

spk soon Mavis
Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think pulling yourself back from the abyss like that is an amazing feat of strength Mavis. So is resetting your clock.

I really think you're going to be ok

D
Old 10-19-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mavis, you're doing so amazing. I'm so impressed by your ability to post the good and bad, and to keep moving even when things get tough. I know what it's like to have a child with special needs who needs you to be sober but also, often needs ALL of you and then some...and in the short term, alcohol does help with that.

You can do this. Actually, you ARE doing it...slips and all. You're my hero. And for what it's worth, I'm right there with you in the ups and downs lately. In the end, I know we will both get sober and stay that way. (((hugs)))
Old 10-19-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mavis, I can't say it better than all the other posts, but I am proud of your resolve and determination. I wish you a peaceful Sunday afternoon void of regret and full of hope.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mavis - I think what you did was a mightier show of strength perhaps than not drinking at all. I would have thought, and my AV would have concurred, "screw it - I'm in this far" etc.

Don't beat yourself up - it could have gone so much worse.

As for the husband, mine is the same way. I've not had any real craziness in recent years due to drinking. I keep all the pain over it inside as well, so I think he just figures if I've made up my mind to drink, he probably isn't going to stop me, and nothing horrible will come of it. But he'll be asleep when I wake up later, heart and mind racing, and hating myself with a passionate vengeance for being so foolish.

Yours may feel he is helping you catch a break from a rough parenting day. You'll have to set him straight, maybe?

Hope your Sunday is more serene.

Earlyriser
Old 10-19-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What's the old saying, "Attitude is half the battle". Sounds like your well over halfway there.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Great for you coming back. What kind of support network do you have?
Old 10-19-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Its okay, the important thing is that you're back here this morning and ready to keep going. In my experience, slips can teach you a lot about your triggers. You can use this to learn and tighten up your plan. I relapsed for a year, which sucked tremendously, but in hindsight I realize why it happened, and that is very valuable knowledge going forward.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

CONGRATS!!!! It took so much courage out of you to take that sip and let the rest of the wine go..I honestly do not think I would be able to do that myself - which really shows your determination.

You are already so determined and I totally believe you will be able to remain sober, sooner or later, we all go through this you know and we know its not easy. So don't worry for the slip yesterday, do not think of your failures of the past - try your hardest to stay sober today - it is a new day and there is no reason you will not be able to accomplish whatever you want!!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can do this Mavis!!