I AM THIRD IS A WiNNER

Old 10-17-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I AM THIRD IS A WiNNER

Things have been hard since last weekend when I realized the depths of deterioration my separated AH has sunk to when he called me for a ride at 2am laying on the street sleeping on the worst intersection in our city. Just grieving...going through the normal thoughts...

Anyway... I was taking DD6 to school this morning. She is in 1st grade. We were standing outside her class waiting for class to start and another little boy from her class ran up to her and said "Do you want to smell my armpit? It has cologne in it!" DD6 and I just started laughing so hard until we cried! We have not laughed like that in so long!!! And in this moment...I realized this is what my joy is! I am the winner! I am present for these moments while separated AH is falling further into the abyss of chaos and alcoholism. While he is living with a new enabler, partying on the streets...I am here with our child having these laughs, sharing these experiences! He will miss these things...

To those of you jus starting your journey....keep going. It will get better. I used to be so sad amd angry. Turning that curve now and it has taken years but I would do it all again to be standing here in the same place. I go to bed every night being exactly who I want to be. Not many people can say the same. Life is truly a gift!'
Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love Love Love your post!!! You are absolutely right!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

iamthird - Thank you so much
Old 10-17-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pia

I am so happy for you. I had a horrible day today and reading your post MELTED the day away. You and your DD6 deserve ever ounce of happiness.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That made me teary-eyed. That is, after I laughed at the "DO YOU WANT TO SMELL MY ARMPIT???"
Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seriously Lillamy!! It was hilarious! He was so excited and serious at the same time!!! Hahaha...I was laughing all day at work thinking about it!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe I should do that when I walk into the office Monday?
Old 10-17-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh that is so funny!

So happy to read the progress you have made. Great job!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The best laugh all day! It is though fleeting moments that keeps us going. And that was yours, all yours.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

That's awesome! I have in-laws who see our kids semi-regularly (every two or three months), and I'm so happy that my older two kids from my first marriage have two active sets of grandparents in their lives, even if these particular people are only grandparents by marriage. The other set is actually just their grandmother on the exhole's side. Aside from having the emotional maturity of 12-year-olds, that side of the family is kind of ok. About a year ago I stopped thinking, "Look what AM is missing" every time we'd do family things together. She made a choice to be absent from her grandchildren's lives. She has a granddaughter she's never met and who knows nothing about her. I'm the winner here. I have beautiful children and grandparents who are lucky enough to be in their lives. You are definitely the winner, too. (((Hugs)))
Old 10-18-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Did she smell ?

Did you?

Was it fantastically perfumey, or did it smell like a little boys arm pit????????

I must know!

Congratulations, Iamthird. You are truly living the good life.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No. DD6 did not stick her face in his armpit but we could smell him without doing so. He sprayed cologne into his armpit, and I think everyone in a 10ft range could smell it! Hahaha!!! It is still funny....
Old 10-18-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My 10 yo boy has been sick with a headache, slight fever and nausea since yesterday.

MOM! he proclaims. I am not sick anymore!

How do you figure?

Well, if you smell my armpit, and it smells good, I am all better!

He put on his older brother's deodorant before this dialogue. L O L

Sue