Notices

Day 17

Old 10-16-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17

and still smiling (well most of the time)....... Does anyone know how quickly the weight I gained while drinking will come off? Just one of the health issues that I caused myself I felt a little "down" today - although not anywhere near as down I would feel when I was drinking every day, hating myself for doing it and not being able to quit, or being afraid to quit, or both. I am pretty sure I know the cause - not a good night for my Dad so did not get a full night's sleep. Hopefully it will be a better night for my Dad and me, and of course my hubby (who isn't drinking any more either - ). Tomorrow is another day, but in any event, if anyone knows when more weight will start dropping I'd sure like to know that so I can look forward to it. Eating moderately and healthy now and I believe all water weight is gone. Looking forward to curling under the covers SOBER
Old 10-16-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey suzie...That's great that your fighting through. You are still in very early sobriety. You don't need to be ashamed or upset with yourself for drinking or for not quitting. What is important is that you have made the decision to stop...period. That's so cool of you. You shouldn't get mad at yourself for not quitting sooner! Haha. Gotta keep smiling :-P. I'm sure your body will bounce back to normal slowly but surely. It sounds like you have a positive attitude about sobriety. You can do this!
Old 10-16-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Suzie well done on 17 days.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

17 days is fantastic
Old 10-17-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 17 days, Suziequeue!

As far as the weight goes - everyone's body is different, so it depends. Alcohol obviously contains a lot of empty calories, so once a person discontinues drinking, those are eliminated. However, there are other factors that could determine if and when a person will lose weight.

From my experience, it helps to replace all those empty calories with good, healthy foods (fresh veggies/greens, fruits, whole grains, etc.), and get regular exercise. There are a ton of benefits to be gained.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-17-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WTG - Great Job

Xtreem
Old 10-17-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Great job! Im day 17 too! As for the weight...well..I'd like to know that too. I have been eating more tho. I love chocolate. I bought a bag of hershey's minis and when I get the urge I grab a handful. I need to find something else to do when I get the urge. I went on a diet pill, day 2 of that. It's supposed to stop all cravings. The reviews for it said it would even stop cravings for alcohol and cigerettes. People claimed they drank less or quit taking it. It's called Belviq. I was taking it a few months ago. It did stop food cravings, as for alcohol I did not crave but I still did drink. So back on it.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amazing work on the 17 days. I'm a few days behind at day 15. But i'm still going strong too!

We CAN do this!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Way to go Suzie (and Fiona and Finding!). Keep it going!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 17 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 17

Weight wise it depends... Did you eat crappy foods after drinking?

If you did, that would have been the major factor in weight gain.

Get drunk, eat junk, go to sleep.... It's a bad recipe.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats to you, Fiona and Findingtheway! As for the weight thing, I have no idea. I was wondering the same thing myself last night while eatiing blueberry pie with ice cream.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sprout50 View Post
congrats to you, fiona and findingtheway! As for the weight thing, i have no idea. I was wondering the same thing myself last night while eatiing blueberry pie with ice cream.
hahahahahaha
Old 10-17-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow that's amazing! 17 days!!!!! I would think the weight will start to come off now if you're eating healthily and moving more I'm still on the sugar fix stage unfortunately.....one thing at a time lol. Way to go it's fantastic