Notices

Back at day 1... again

Old 10-16-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1... again

Well, here I am, back at day one. I had my last drink last night about 12 am. I got angry and smashed the can in trash and said, 'That's enough!' I have been drinking about 10 beers a night during the week and even more on the weekends. I feel horrible that I let myself get back to the person that has anxiety, feel sick and hungover during the day, not getting good sleep... etc... I am having some mild anxiety and my heart is beating hard but otherwise I feel ok. I think this is the worst of my withdrawal. Certainly if I were to have severe symptoms they would have started to manifest by now at 20 hours. I have decided that I am done with drinking because I started off just drinking 6 every now and then to the everyday thing. It's funny how you trick yourself into thinking that you can do it again and expect nothing bad to happen. I hope this anxiety and nervousness subside soon, it's the only thing making me think of the beer. Did any of you just have mild symptoms and how long did they last??
Old 10-16-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Detoxing from alcohol can be unpredictable and dangerous, so do talk to your dr if you're concerned.

Welcome back!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What support do you have? or are you doing this on sheer willpower, that only got me so far!!

Might be time to change up your plan, build more support into it and go from there!!

You can do this!!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree you should definitely see a doctor to be safe.

Good for you for making a decision to stay sober. Don't let all your past attempts or "failures" keep you from recovering today. I know I have, for way too long.

Have you considered AA? Or any support group for that matter
Old 10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am doing it on willpower. I did it that way last time but the doctor gave me Valium to get by the anxiety. I am going to get involved with a support group after a couple of days. Plus, my girlfriend won't let me drink either...lol!
Old 10-16-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I also quit for 4 days a week and a half ago. The first day was this same way but I felt much better in the morning.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Willpower never worked for me wolfman cos part of my will wanted to drink.

Have you thought of what you could do differently this time?

D
Old 10-16-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am going to look for a support group. A family member of mine was a member for 26 years at one here locally. I will probably start there.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree with dee. It's always good idea to do things different from the way which got you back here. Also, for me, it didn't really matter if people "let" me drink or not - I was going to drink whether someone I loved told me I could or not. Not saying it's the same for you, that is just my experience and tons of other people's experiences on here. I wish you the best!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Be careful! My friend died defoxing on her own a few years ago. Nothing to play around with. She has a grand mal seizure on day 3 or 4. Make sure your not alone for the first 5 days or go see a doctor. Good luck in your journey to sobriety! You can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 10-17-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Doing that by myself was a bad idea. I had a couple of drinks to calm me down. I am going to my doctor next week to get some medication to help. The anxiety is just horrible.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good that you are going to see doctor. And also draw up a plan of how you are going to tackle this. Good luck!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks For the reply Mavis. I need the encouragement.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm finding rational recovery and AVRT the way to go for me. Everyone is different though you have to find the way that feels right for you. Keep posting you can do this! Hugs