divorce from AH final tomorrow

Old 10-16-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

divorce from AH final tomorrow

I dont know what normal emotions im supposed to have right now but i am feeling scared and i dont know why. Fear of being alone? Fear of financial instability? Fear of the unknown?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take care amandasue. Fear seems like a pretty normal feeling - the unknown can be terrifying! BUT what a brighter future you have ahead of you! Peace to you.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you should have whatever feelings you are having.
Divorce is hard, even when it's necessary. I always expected to feel happy when my divorce became final, but I didn't. I didn't feel a thing. It was almost surreal -- I had to call my lawyer afterwards and ask "Is that actually it?"

I went back to the office as if I had just been to lunch and kept working. I didn't feel a darn thing.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the question amanasue, mine will be final in 13 days. Please let me know how you did. I am scared also.....
Old 10-17-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck today. Your feelings are normal. It's the end of one life and the beginning of another. It's a grieving process, a time for letting go. I brought a friend with me, and after court we went out for lunch. I don't know if I could have been able to do it alone.

(((((((hugs)))))))
Old 10-19-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everything went well. Short and sweet. I guess i felt a little sad. That 27years of marriage ended. But my rational self tells me that i didnt want to spend any more of my life on the roller coaster of chaos that comes with living with an alcoholic. My heart and mind at war. AH called just before and after 8 months had a rational , emotionally open conversation with me and it broke my heart because it was a glimpse of the man i used to love.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been divorced from my AH for about 10 months now. I do not know what I am doing, I do not know how I am going to survive, I have been laid off (no unemployment check)..... no child support, But you know what? I AM NOT WITH A DRUNK!!
and I will not emphasize this enough I HAVE FULL CUSTODY OF MY 12 YEAR OLD BOY
Any shaky emotions, I'll try to console. You both will be alright