Notices

Tdg is just trying

Old 10-15-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tdg is just trying

Well, I am not in rehab, but possibly secured housing for another month. I've stayed silent, been contemplating my last post responses.

One person wrote " possibly Sr is enabling me" well then cut me off at the knee caps. Another wrote " what do you want" " you've received more support than most" I didn't know I met the quota for support. I didn't know another addicted individual knew what the quota was. I have no antithesis for these people, I am still upset and a bit angry. One person even questioned my mental status, "Schizophrenic or not" maybe not but the medical diagnosis otherwise by a qualified physician was alcoholic psychosis, take your pick, please take your pick I don't want either, I didn't know SR had a mental illness standard!

You know, I logged on to SR with a mission, my mission was to quit drinking, I just posted everything I thought of, crazy not crazy, helpful and delightful, angst and joy, I was real, at some point I felt it necessary to just post regardless of what others thought, forgive me!

I loved the support deyspte, wow my friend you touch my heart, you story will reach many you my frind our in inspiration. I will never disparage these people, good kind heart folks.

@#$@#4 yes, I am drama queen, I have mental issuses, I've had my kid taken away, and yep, I am a little reluctant to do AA, ok a lot reluctant to do AA, but when people are like, " what do you want us to do, you ask for advice and do nothing" well maybe just maybe I want an outlet a voice a person to listen....

So many lie about this habit so many are rehab reluctant, so many have mental issues, all that gets hidden, I am not perfect, I far from perfect, may addiction has led me to some desperate horrible places, and I may lose every thing. But I've been real, I don't know why I got all the antithesis, I waited 3 days to post because I didn't know what to think.

This man has beaten himself up, suffered from mental illness, had his daughter taken away, his wife almost died with a .5 BAC, he is atheist, is reluctant questions everything, is in denial a lot, but I am honest. I am honest for the sake of myself, and honest for the sake of others.

I want answers, I find answers and comfort in every response I get, no I not ni rehab yet, yes I am paranoid at times, drama queen at times, but at the very least I've been honest and sought help and hope my story helps others.

Good day, still love you all good day folks
Old 10-15-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey TDG

I was afraid you'd take those comments badly. None of us is that great at criticism, if we're honest.

I just hope you'll look beyond the stings to the very real care and concern behind those comments.

Let's not make this a thread about other people...lets get back to you...what are you doing for your recovery, today?

D
Old 10-15-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, one last point sh@# hits the fan, nee someone to talk to drink, gamble, mental illness your life away, I may not have answer, but you can always talk to me, because that is my life and I understand.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's the nature of a Forum I think Jeremy, there's gonna be a wide range of views and responses to threads.

The important thing though is that you're doing everything you need to do to move forward, that's all any of us can do, you know that quote:

It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Hang in there and keep truckin'!!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee, my friend always encouging and my ray of light brother, always bringing the conversation where it needs to be... .RECOVERY FOR ALL. Look like I might get housing assistance from the government this month ( otherwise homeless) I have options to choice from to pay my power by the 3rd of next month. I am in active talks with rehab programs and Child protective services regarding a recovery plan. I am applying for food stamps and medical care.

Everyday, I sit at Labor Ready ( a day labor place) I get up at 4am, walk 2 miles and sit in their lobby for a minimum wage job that starts hours after I am sitting there, many days I don't get work ,but still go because I need and want to work and am above no job.

My main focus is on recovery ( I am sober, mostly not smoking either) and waking up each and everyday with hope and excitement. Not always what is going on, but mostly what is going on, applications, seeking help and trying to stay positive.

Sobriety, I am trying, still drinking some, but trying so hard, AA whatever, just trying and trying, Balancing the world, but making progress.
This Dee, I am glad you said something, is the message I want SR to hear, this is a man that is trying, not perfect, but trying to do what he can to regain his life.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

((((TDG)))) I AM LISTENING

I might not respond that often to your posts. But I am listening.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there TDG, glad you post here - its important to stay positive
Old 10-15-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TDG- here is the thing..... you do what you need to. I was told when I first got clean to take what I need and leave the rest. Not everyone has something helpful to say. Not everyone understands our personal circumstances but I am confident to say that they mean well. So what I have come to do and it seems to help me a lot is live by that sentence I take what I need and leave the rest. I dont get hurt or offended by what others say I just remind myself that they may not know all the details involved or they may have had a bad day etc. Just know that this is a place we can vent but once we do we open ourselves to other peoples reactions. Just know that I love you. I dont know you but I love you because I identify with the piece in each and every one of us that was hurt enough for us to look for and find this site....
Old 10-15-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

TDG, I hope you succeed. What did John Wayne say to Barbara Walters when she was having a hard time because of discrimination? Don't let the bastards get you down!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((Jeremy)))
Old 10-15-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're always going to be here for you J.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Rooting for you Jeremy! Don't let anyone make you feel less than completely welcome here....and cared for very very much.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I quit its over, read my last post, I ******* quit its over! Why bother, its over. Over I lose
Old 10-15-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

"A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over the Opinion of Sheep"
Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Jeremy, I'm sorry you're in pain. I think there's something to be said about take what you want from here and throw out the rest. You have a pretty good following here of people who want to see you do well. That's the point right?

Let me tell you a story. When I first signed up, I was Whyme2014. Someone made a comment to me about my user name. It hurt, it hurt like hell. I took it as a personal jab at me. I changed my user name. But now looking back, I should have disregarded that comment and focused on the positive responses I was getting. Plus now I kinda see where they was coming from. The point being, you can't please everyone and sometimes you have to let things go.

Don't feel unloved or abandoned here. You have lots of friends and lots of support. Hugs my friend.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jeremy do everything you can to stay sober everything will fall into place glad you got a roof over your head glad your talking with CPS thats a start J im more into you getting help then you working but i realise you need money

whatever you can do to make things better then do them D put a brilliant 101 tips page for sobriety i suggest you print and live by it give it everything you got J

stop putting yourself down Jeremy it doesnt get you nowhere i realise its hard right now but kicking yourself when your down has to stop its self pity and your better than that

Wishing you the best outcome in everything you do J
Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Just another day...

Don't give up! Why bother? because there is an entire world out there waiting for us. Your child is waiting for you. Despite some of the comments that made you feel bad, you are a wonderful person that keeps trying. Dont stop doing that. There is still so much beauty to be seen, through sober eyes my friend. Don't give up. I think this group is great but it is also hard to get what you want to say across the right way through typing. I know many things have been lost in translations through texting. Please don't give up!
Old 10-17-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Don't you dare give up J. You can get free. Life is waiting for you.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Thatdeliveryguy, FANTASTIC, ya got it out, now move on with your sobriety, everyone is rootin for ya.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

TDG, I'm rooting for you. Keep moving forward.