Notices

scared!!

Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared!!

OK so I had a recent surgery n couldn't take any pills due to a 13 yr addiction.. I've been sober for a year n 8 months but after the surgery I was n so much pain I messed up n took a suboxone which has turned into a daily thing for the past 2 months!! I have to meet my p.o. on Tuesday n cannot fail my drug test!! If I stop tmrw will I pass it on tues?? Also is there anything u can take to pass this drug test or flush ur system faster?? I only have 5 days to get this outta my system n once I do ill nvr do thm again but I need to know the easiest n fastest way to get this outta my system!!! Can anyone help!!??!!
Old 10-15-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

I have no advice on the immediate concern, but it sounds like you need to turn a corner and re commit to Sobriety, daily use for the last 2 months doesn't sound like a good place to be!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! Great to have you here!!
Old 10-15-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I honestly don't know. I would guess that a lot of water would help, maybe milk thistle supplements (unlikely as they help clean your liver, not your blood, but it couldn't hurt). That said, while I totally understand your fear, failing this test could very well be the best thing to happen to you. You say you had a 13 year addiction. Now, after two months you are falling back into it. Do you want another 13 years (assuming your body can handle it)? Or would it be best for you to face swift, strict consequences now? Maybe just the fear of failing is enough of a wake up call for you, in that case, I hope it works out for you with minimum trouble. But if you feel you need more help I hope you will find the strength to ask for it. An idea might be to go on the offence. Instead of waiting to find out if you get caught, could you seek out help now? Could you go to the test and come clean immediately, phrased as a plea for help instead of a confession? Tell them, " look, the pain got too bad and I went to what I knew. I should have asked for help before I slipped but I didn't and now I am afraid and I need help getting clean again, please help me". Best of luck to you. SR is a great resource if you would like to attempt sobriety again.

*i just want to add that written words from "strangers" can sometimes be misinterpreted as they lack the nuances of spoken, face to face conversation. Be assured that all of the above was written with a caring tone intended.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, angelinababy. I am unable to answer your question regarding your upcoming drug test but wanted to let you know that SR will be behind you 100% in your efforts to achieve and maintain sobriety.

Congratulations on your previous 13 years of sobriety; you already know you CAN do this.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It usually takes anywhere from 7-14 days for Suboxone to fully leave your system and the testing they use now is pretty sophisticated in detection. Your best bet is to come clean to your PO or if you can stand it submit to the UA and wait it out. As was said above-maybe this could be a good thing for you to get some help.