Notices

32 days Sober

Old 10-14-2014, 10:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

32 days Sober

Hi all,

found this forum a few years and decided to make a thread tonight

I drank pretty heavily for years, since I was 19 I think. I'm 27 now and making an effort to quit. I would drink 3 or 4 times a week alone in front of my computer, a pretty dark place at times. My drink of choice was lager and I'd have no problem drinking 4 litres or more of the stuff

There was periods I did quit, the best being around 5 months a couple of years ago but sadly one beer and I was back where I started. I suffer from anxiety issues which may or may not be from drinking, only one way to find out

I still have really intense anxiety at night, tonight was really bad but it has subsided now, it comes and goes without warning, along with a hot face and body but not a fever. Its not as bad when I wake up but when the night falls it gets alot worse.

There have been some good days in the past 4 or 5 weeks, not many physical symptoms mainly mental. The anxiety is very crippling, I'm experiencing the same symptoms I had the previous times I quit, however they would have usually passed by now.

Just need to hang in there and not drink as I don't want to go through this hell again. Been having problems sleeping too and have done ever since I started binge drinking.

Just felt like posting anyway and to say hello, I`ll try to post here regulary if its allowed

Thanks
Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome This is an amazing site with great insight and words of wisdom - I am just ending my 15th day of sobriety and looking forward to many, many more Maybe you should check with a dr. about your anxiety and any other stuff going on? I did, and was glad I did Anyway, with that said, welcome and hope you stick around...
Old 10-14-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi! So pleased you've made your first post and congratulations on 32 days that's fantastic! I'm on day 7 and I post every day, the support here is amazing keep talking!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, liveordie. Congrats on 32 days sober! I used to get terrible anxiety, which i now realize was caused by my drinking. After a couple of months of sobriety my anxiety went away and i no longer suffer from it at all. Sleeping also improved with time. You'll find lots of support and great advice here. Glad you've joined us.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi and welcome liveordie, 32 days sober is brilliant. Stick with it, it really is worth it.

There's a lot of help and encouragement here. Just reach out. It has helped me enormously over the days and weeks and months.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hello Liveordie, welcome. I'm on day 5, just found this site a couple of days ago. Well done. You're changing your life for the better, and that's really something to be very proud of.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Similar story to me. I'm 27 as well, had my biggest patch of sobriety about a year & a half ago. Lots of drinking alone @ the computer, mild - moderate anxiety. On my way to 30 days sober now.

FWIW I think for me anxiety comes from not feeling present and control of a situation. Whether the anxiety causes the lack of presence, or the lack of presence causes the anxiety, I'm not sure. But I do know I'm definitely more likely to feel "present" and attached to the world when I'm sober.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum liveordie!! 32 days is fantastic!!
Old 10-15-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR 32 days is amazing live or die
Old 10-15-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR liveordie

Anxiety is pretty normal, at least for a while.
If you're finding it crippling tho you might want to consider seeing your Dr?

D