Notices

anger!

Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

anger!

So I am almost through day 3. I feel anger towards everyone I come in contact with. I know it's not them who I am angry with....it's myself. I hope this passes soon. Sleep has been difficult. Everything I do I feel as though I'm rushing...I suppose cause I think the day might pass faster that way. Finally ate a bit today and hoping to get some rest tonight. I took in empties tonight and the fellow asked me how many beer I wanted...I told him just the cash. Got a strange look! Highlight of my day other then it was a sober one! Thanks for listening
Old 10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just hang in there. You will settle down. Try journaling to get your feelings out. And keep posting and reading on this site. It's really hard, but it gets easier. You can do this. We've been where you are.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hey CoffeeNotBooze, If it's any consolation, it gets better. Drink lots of water, eat healthy, get as much rest as possible (in lieu of sleep) and take it a day at a time. Have you talked to your Doc? Stay the course. You won't regret it.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Coffee, I think it's normal. We are no longer buffering and numbing our emotions, so I think we are bound to notice them more, and our bodies are readjusting to not having that chemical "reward" (poison) so we are more sensitive right now. I've been having a lot of moments where I'm really short on patience, and just breathing through these moments and reminding myself of all the changes I'm going through. Also, I've been dr inking a lot more coffee lately and I can't help but wonder if it's not making me more edgy-although nothing like a wicked hangover to make me edgy lol! Hang in there and breathe and be patient with yourself and other people. This too shall pass
Old 10-14-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Right there with you. I feel raw, like I have no skin, so everything gets to me. It's intense. I'm sure it will get better as we adjust.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Coffee not booze... can't sleep and angry... hmmm... lets think about this .

Caffeine can mess me up bigtime. I'm astounded that that is what's become the drink of choice in AA meetings.

And with that out of the way... do you have any plan for your recovery? If I didn't change the person I was when I stopped drinking there's no way I'd have been able to remain sober. That guy needed to drink. Thankfully I was at the end of my rope, literally. I was desperate enough to do anything and everything that was suggested to me. AA was a huge part of that for me. Other people find other ways. This forum is great for suggestions. Hang in there... it definitely gets better, if we're willing to work towards that.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on day 3! It will improve as the days go on. My sleeping has been terrible but I had a good sleep day 5, then it was bad again last night. I'm on day 7 now and starting to feel more energetic (I even did cleaning yesterday lol!). I'm finding comfort in chocolate
Old 10-14-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hi, well done on day three. I'm on day 5. Same as you, feeling irritable, can't sleep, nervous. From what people have said, there are brain re-adjustment reasons and it will pass. We're not allowed to give medical advice here, but there's always the drs.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anger was my biggest issue for the first couple of months. There's some good anger management stuff on the net which gave me some relief.

Google 'anger iceberg' it's a really helpful concept I learnt. Alternatively you may find it so boring it helps you sleep ;-)

Well done on three days and good luck.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all for the encouraging words and advice. This is a great site...glad I found it. I have a doctors appt. on Friday. I have been drinking a lot of water hence my username...I was having a coffee and not my regular poison when I signed up here! I'm really not much of a coffee drinker. It's 3:30 a.m right now and I just can't sleep...literally climbing the walls...typing from my ceiling! I want nothing more then to be free and the chance to rebuild....I've destroyed everything.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hang in there! I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but it really does get better. The days seem to drag on forever at first...but you will find that each step you take by hanging in there and fighting is totally worth it! It took me quite a while to be able to sleep, and my anger issues were totally off the chart! One day at a time...

I wish you all the best!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've got to agree that too much coffee made matters worse for me in the beginning. I cut it out totalling for about 6 weeks. It made me more anxious, angry, and irritable. Also interferred with sleep. Now I drink 1-2 cups early in the morning and that's all.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can completely relate! http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-14-check.html

I am only on Day 2 this time, and the people I need to have the MOST patience for (i.e. my kids, one of which has special needs) make me the angriest. I try to control it as best I can, but it is not easy! Hang in there.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coffeenotbooze View Post
Thanks all for the encouraging words and advice. This is a great site...glad I found it. I have a doctors appt. on Friday. I have been drinking a lot of water hence my username...I was having a coffee and not my regular poison when I signed up here! I'm really not much of a coffee drinker. It's 3:30 a.m right now and I just can't sleep...literally climbing the walls...typing from my ceiling! I want nothing more then to be free and the chance to rebuild....I've destroyed everything.
You haven't destroyed everything. Your still here. Time to save yourself. You can always get back some of what you lost, as long as you are around to do it. John
Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through, it will get better!!