Notices

Thursday through Sunday will be a challenge

Old 10-14-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Thursday through Sunday will be a challenge

My hubby is leaving early Thursday for a trip, not returning until Sunday night. I will be working Thursday and Friday and I have plans with my daughter and a friend over the weekend to do things. It's the evenings home alone I'm a little concerned about. I have LOTS of things to do including some projects I really enjoy. However I know from experience how I can procrastinate and drink instead. I'm completely aware that I will be facing a challenge here, not fooling myself. I'm just worried about the urges overtaking me, that's all. I'll take any advice you want to throw at me.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

My advice is keep on posting your imput here is very appreciated

we'l be here with you
Old 10-14-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with the posting recommendation, of course...any sober time that I've been able to put together since last month was because of SR. As far as your husband being away, what is your concern? Loneliness, boredom, a lack of accountability? Personally, I would welcome the alone time but that's because I am literally never alone in my house (my husband and two rowdy boys are always around!) If you're concerned about boredom, you could try binge-watching good TV, such as Homeland, Breaking Bad, Orange is the New Black...
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Post here
Call/hang out/laugh with a friend
Take a walk
Go to bed (I did this a lot in early sobriety)
Go to a movie
Read
Yoga
Meditation

Think the drink through (how will you feel tomorrow? Do you want to be sick, anxious and guilty?) No one else will know that you drank but who cares? YOU will, and that's what matters. I understand what you're feeling. My boyfriend was gone for three weeks and I really thought I might slip and drink. I didn't, and it made me realize I am truly sober for ME.

Good luck, and stay close to SR. We're all rooting for you! xoxox
Old 10-14-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

All fantastic advice... thanks. It's weird because I drank all the time while my husband was home but for some reason now I sort of see it as getting away with something or a certain freedom from getting caught maybe?

I'm going to try and stay in my studio in the evening and post to SR from my iPad down there... sitting in front of the tv can be a trigger so any tv watching will also be from down in the studio.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

All of the above!

Plus think about how proud you'll be when you've met this challenge head on and can greet your hubby on Sunday with your sobriety intact. And not only proud, you'll also feel a freedom you may never have felt before. You can so do this, ElleDee
Old 10-14-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah I used to love being by myself as I could get as drunk as I wanted and didnt have to worry about anyone. But now I try and fill that time with being active.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can do this Elle!!

Post as much as you need, SR is in your corner!!