reminders to self...........

Old 07-27-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile reminders to self...........

1. This urge I feel to "make" hubby do something to find a job is not my friend. I cannot "make" him do anything. Not if I find the right words, not if I find him the perfect job, not if the sky was truely falling.
2. My life and my alanon journey is unfolding as it should. There is no "correct" timetable for sorting through your life and getting it in order(whatever that is).
3. Although I do not have a prestegious job, and I have not moved "up the ladder" as others have, I am respected in my department and function. My manager thinks I am the most valuable employee in the department, and I can feel the respect of others I work with. I basically like my job, although it is challenging and trying at times. My job is not my passion, but I make the best of it, and enjoy the parts that I can. I am supporting my family, fairly comfortably and my children, who have not gotten everything they wanted, seem to understand what is important. I am fortunate to have this nice job.
4. The carpets in my house need to be replaced, they are worn and stained. However they are clean and my house is neat and orderly. I was able to replace the heating/air conditioning system this year(having 3 more years to pay for it) so it is comfortable and welcoming. My house is not a showcase, but guests feel welcome there.
5. I am healthy, 45 years old, and I exercise 5 times a week. Today I ran 2 miles and lifted weights for 30 minutes. All my working parts seem to be functioning and I am in better shape than I was when I was 24.
6. I am not supposed to "win" at life. It is not pass/fail, not a test, not black and white. As Stix would say watch out for the "Grand Illusion". Other people have their own struggles and burdens to carry.
7. I have two healthy children, grown now(18,19) and they seem to be finding their way in the world, without drugs or alcohol. My son, 19 has matured before my eyes in the last year, and what a delightful person he is.
8. God has guided through my life, and will continue to do so. She will not let me down, she will not lead me into trouble, but support me whatever comes my way.
9. Hubby is going through the struggle of his life, in significant pain and suffering. It is not my job to make this better for him. I have decided to stay with him, and as there is not right or wrong answer to the question "should I stay?", I will make the best of the situation. He loves me and he knows me better than anyone. He is kind, loving, funny, angry, scard, hurting.
10. Keep focused on myself and decide what I need to do to move forward for me. Take these actions and let go of what happens, it will work out.

Ok, I think I am back on track now. Wheh.....I thought I was falling of the wagon there for a minute..............
Old 07-27-2004, 05:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
believer

Originally Posted by Rose56
I have decided to stay with him, and as there is not right or wrong answer to the question "should I stay?", I will make the best of the situation.
Thanks for that Rose. It's good to see you!

Hugs,
JG
Old 07-27-2004, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Rose)))
Great list ! There is always good in our lives if we take the time to look for it and you are taking the time.

In the last couple of days, I've seen Journey, Styx and Boston in posts. There are people here who listen to real music - huh?
L
Old 07-27-2004, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Rose,
Great minds think alike. My brain does that thing to me too. Sometimes it gets a life of it's own. I have to remember to be grateful for what I have, and then when things do come my way, I can appreciate them. I am so glad I'm not the only one who goes through this. For years I thought I was just crazy, and everyone else had an answer I didn't. Thanks for letting me know I am the same. Hugs, Magic
Old 07-27-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rose56
God has guided through my life, and will continue to do so. She will not let me down, she will not lead me into trouble, but support me whatever comes my way.
Thanks for that Rose, good words to live by.
And I'll echo JG, nice to see you around.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Rose!! It sounds like you are doing just fine, girl! 2 miles and 30 minutes?? Changing your focus?? And to think I used to worry so much about you...go figure!

(((Hugs)))
JT