Notices

I wish i could just go somewhere...

Old 10-13-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wish i could just go somewhere...

I feel like I'm never going to beat this. I feel like such a failure at life. I'm overwhelmed and feel so alone. My husband is always in his own world, busy with work or attached to his phone. I spend my whole life taking care of my three kids and husband with no help or support from anyone. No family, no friends. I wish I could go to rehab but there's no one to take care of my kids. If it wasn't for them Id just give up. There seems to be no point to my life. No purpose. I hate drinking but I just can't stop for long. I almost wish my body would just give out so I could give up.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're feeling so low have you talked to your doctor about everything? Do you have anything to keep you occupied during the day when the kids are at school? Could you get a part time job or do some voluntary work to get you out of the house and involved with other adults and give yourself something else to focus on?

I know how you feel, I've felt so isolated. Now that my son is at full time school I'm really going to make the effort to get out of the house every day even if it's just for a walk. And to get fit (when these chocolate cravings pass...lol). it does sound like you are a bit depressed so it would be worth seeking help for that as well as the drinking. I've tried and failed so many times but back on day 5 and determined. You can do this. Keep posting. When you feel the urge to drink post.

Does your husband know how you feel and is he supporting you in this? (((hugs)))
Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pinkigreen, Good for you for wanting to get sober. Don't be so rough on yourself. Take one hour at a time. Do it for your kids if you have no one else. They love you more then life and want a good and sober Mom.

Take out a pix of them and look at it when you want to drink. They are the best thing in your world. You can do This TODAY!!!

Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow!!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pinki if you went to rehab wouldn;t your husband have to take care of the kids?

D
Old 10-13-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you tried AA? People will understand your experiences and will want to listen/help you.

Have you considered it? It's helped me to many sober days. But we have to WANT to stay sober as well.

Good luck to you.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, the husband is going to do what he's going to do.

Create a happy life for you.

You absolutely can stop drinking, and life looks so much less sad and depressing once you do. Give it a couple months sobriety and see how much better you will feel. It has you pinned down right now.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HI, Now I don't about this place or others...Have never been there but
there is a rehab place near me that takes mothers and their children...Don't know if you have anything like that near you but it sounded like a great idea for who cannot find a place for the kids....
Old 10-13-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Your husband may be eligible under Family Medical Leave Act to take up to 12 weeks off to care for the kids if you are referred to rehab. Perhaps check it out if you believe your doctor would be on board.

They also have outpatient treatment.

Sounds like you're exhausted and need help. You're going to have to take that first step. Posting etc is great - but based on your other posts, maybe it's time for some different action??

http://www.dol.gov/whd/opinion/FMLA/...02/FMLA-69.htm

please consider seeking the help you need!!

peace
Old 10-13-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't buy the argument that you cannot go to rehab because of the kids. Your husband and kids may have their routine thrown off for a month. So what? Isn't a month of inconvenience worth it when they get their mother and wife back free from the throes of alcoholism? It's better for all involved in your life for you to get treatment.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you had a drinking related accident (god forbid) and had to be hospitalised, your family would have to pull together without you there. Simple as.

I felt like you a few weeks ago.
I have had one week back on anti-depressants and the fog is slowly starting to lift.
I'm a single mum, I work full time, no family nearby so I hear you loud and clear on the 'whats the point'.

The tablets are helping as today I noticed I smiled for the first time in a while when an old song came on the radio.

I'm over 2 years drink free.
I know drink made me feel worse.
It added to the ground hog, day in, day out process and feelings.

However you decide to heal yourself, give it a good go - rehab, being sober, out patient, AA, your GP etc etc.

There are a lot of people who would kill to be in your shoes although I know it probably does not feel like that now.
But to have a home, a partner, kids.........that is something some people would give their high teeth for.

I wish you the best x
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I got some great advice from my Doc recently and it is advice that I know well, however for some reason I forget or get sideswiped by the important needs of others around me, or get lost in stuck mode.
The advice, "Look after yourself" everything else will follow....It is so important that we look after ourselves, I know the difficulty in stringing sober days together.
If we make looking after ourselves a priority it creates a momentum of its own.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

If you had a fatal disease (Which alcoholism is) and this disease required 4 weeks of hospitalization I'll bet everyone would deal with it and the world would not end.

Sobriety requires some tough choices but the reward is being the mother and person you can be.

Many here have been it that place of hopelessness but rejoice there is a way out. Keep reading, posting, and not drinking and you will find your way
Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pinki, don't give up hope.

You can stop drinking and recover without rehab, if it's not possible for you to go. It could be very helpful, but it's not essential. Focus on yourself. Get rid of the alcohol in the house and don't buy anymore. Change your daily routine because this can be very helpful in the early days in getting through the tough times of the day. Talk to your husband and let him know that you need some support.