Regaining some control...

Old 10-12-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Regaining some control...

Hi guys,
So I've been to a few Al anon meetings now and am finding them amazing, can't recommend them enough! I've really really been thinking about step one and some days I get it... some days are harder!
This weekend I feel I've made headway.I made plans with a friend, didn't make them around my ABF, just me and my friend! We had such a good time on Saturday. I rode my horse in the morning then we made chutney, drank some wine and she stayed over. My ABF had to make his own plans, I didn't ask what they were but was glad when he told me them!
He saw his kids then caught up with an old friend. I've not thought too much about it or doubted that's what he did. Whether he did what he said or didn't, it doesn't matter. I feel good that I've detatched my overworked brain from it.I choose to believe him.
I feel like I've regained some control over my emotions, my actions and it feels good!
I am powerless over alchohol. His choices are his to make, as are mine. By not planning my weekend around him and filling in every second with distractions and compromising my plans, he has had to make choices. If they're healthy choices then that's great. If not all will become clear. The truth always comes out.
So did I do good?
Hugs x
Old 10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wellington....Yes!...you did more than good.
Every step you take that is for your own welfare and, that which enhances your own self identity is a positive step. The large ones and even the most tiny ones.

Keep it up...

dandylion
Old 10-12-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel like I've regained some control over my emotions, my actions and it feels good!
That is great -- keep on going!!! And I'm so glad you're realizing and celebrating every step. Because they are worth celebrating!