Notices

mmmm food.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mmmm food.

I always forget about the simple pleasures of eating when I'm using. Just last week I was spending my breaks at work trying with all my mite to eat a sandwich feeling like I was going to vomit with each bite but I knew I would pass out if I didn't eat... now at just day 5 of being sober (again) I find myself excited to eat and planning on what foods I'm going to eat on break.. right now my new favorite thing to eat from work is an everything bagel with garden vegetable cream cheese mmmm lol

Yeah really no point to this post other than appreciating the fact that I'm getting nourishment again lol.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sober eating... nothing like it Haha. When drinking, I was either too buzzed to eat, too hungover and sick to eat, or too worried about all the extra calories and how they'd fit in to my drinking!

I was starving in early sobriety it seemed. And very thirsty for water.

The peace of mind and satisfaction of chowing down on food sober is a nice change.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cooking and deciding what to have when eating is now an enjoyable thing.

Soo many possibilities, soo many flavours, life has a lot more to offer than in the contents of a bottle!!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I love my food now im sober before i would go 6 days no food

unthinkable now

well done
Old 10-12-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Yeah, I was just getting to the stage in my drinking where I didn't want to eat anymore. I just went straight to drinking. Then I'd end up binging on something to eat in the evening, to have something in my stomach... but wouldn't even remember eating it!! All that delicious pizza, or nachos or chocolate or whatever, and I wasn't even appreciating it (didn't even know I was eating it!!) Now, I'm eating... probably too much! But whatever. It's delicious.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Jake

D
Old 10-12-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

The only thing I ever wanted was ramen noodles with hot sauce. I tried to choke down a banana from time to time, but it was awful. Always trying to hit that sweet spot of enough food to stay conscious but not so much as to make me puke. Not fun. When I'm sober, cooking is one of my favorite things to do.