Notices

Doomed to failure

Old 10-12-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doomed to failure

That pesky Death thing. I can't shake it. All my attempts to live are mocked by knowing it will end. That we are just DNA passed on and passing on. So why do we fear and hate instead of hug?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Attachment, force of habit, the animal part of our brains, instinct, etc. I don't have a huge fear of death but obviously the monkey part of my brain is afraid and can't fathom not existing. The higher part of my mind though believes that upon my death I'll return to what I was before my birth- nothing. That doesn't sound so bad, really.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

When I die I am going to fly in space and all over the universe and see everything. I've always wanted to go to space and I am going to get there. I'm sure my dad is out there right now seeing all the things in space he always wanted to see. Go Dad!

And of course I will visit my daughter cause I promised to haunt her after I'm gone .
Old 10-12-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Try not to do either - THAT is the point!

Progress, not perfection......

peace
Old 10-12-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

okay so dead isn't dead and wanting isn't wanting and I am not I. Thanks for your wisdom.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Flynbuy, succinct and irritatingly honest.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If you are relatively young, the illogical of your thinking is that the end may not be for quite a long time. Life can be long and you really do have time to do quite a bit with the time you have.
My regret is that I didn't really understand that when I was young. I also thought I could just go on drinking and partying and still manage to accomplish things. Nep. the drinking and partying cancelled out the productivity.
You have the freedom to focus on whatever you want to focus on. You can of course focus on death. You also have the freedom to focus on a new lifestyle. It's your choice.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fridgey

I'll be honest here...it sounds like you're either drinking or just coming off a binge.

I know cos thats the kind of deep and meaningful stuff I'd spout off too - but really it means nothing, man. There's no real insight there.

We can't help being born and we can't stop ourselves dying...but the bit in the middle? it's ours to do with as we wish.

what are you going to do with your bit Fridgey? waste it or live it?

D
Old 10-12-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

your right dee, i'm just bored. Life is so safe here except for one neighbor liberal with Roundup and the other with asbestos, i'm sitting pretty.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Recommend this book..

Life changing!!

A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles" by Marianne Williamson — Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists
Old 10-12-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries Fridgey

Alcohol coloured my perception so much it took a few months for me to realise just how much.

My life, and my outlook on life, got a lot better with some recovery time.
I know yours will too

D
Old 10-12-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you posted Fridgey. I hope you'll keep talking to us - we care about you. Things don't have to stay miserable.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Life might be fleeting but it's such a gift! I've remarked on this before but consider the mightiest things in the Universe- black holes, quasars, gas giants, etc. For all their power and size they can't feel, or think, or experience anything (at least it doesn't seem that they do). We are all star stuff made out of the same material as the rest of the Universe yet we have some "magical" properties that set up apart. That makes are experience special and unique.

I can't know what lies outside of the tiny window of my experiences but I am determined to make the most of the life I know I have!