Notices

First Post...

Old 10-11-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

First Post...

Hi everyone!

I'm brand spanking new around here and am just shy of my 90 day sobriety milestone after going cold turkey from alcohol on July 21st of this year. It's been an interesting journey to say the least... I've battled with alcoholism since I was 18 and have many failed attempts to stop drinking under my belt but this has been my longest - and surprisingly easiest - stretch of sobriety. However, it's becoming more trying lately and as I don't have the biggest support system or group of sober friends, I wanted to connect with people on a similar journey as me. SO, here I am!

Looking forward to browsing the forum and getting to know you guys and your stories.

-B
Old 10-11-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, XIIIXXIXXVI!!! You've come to the right place for support. It's a wonderful site, and there's always somebody here. Keep posting!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. Congrats on ninety days sober. I come here every day and find SR an amazing resource. I hope you will too.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to have you with us. I'm trying to figure out what number those Roman numerals represent...
Old 10-11-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

The roman numerals are 13, 21, 26... On July 13th I quit smoking weed, on the 21st I quit drinking alcohol, and on the 26th I stopped smoking cigarettes. July was a major month for me

-B

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Glad to have you with us. I'm trying to figure out what number those Roman numerals represent...
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome, you will find a lot of support here.
Congratulations on your ninety days...
Old 10-11-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi there XIII You have found a wonderful place for encouragement & friendship. We all get what you're going through, and you are not alone. Good to have you here.
Congratulations on your upcoming 90 days - that's fabulous.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I might just call you X lol

welcome to SR and congratulations on almost 90 days

D
Old 10-11-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, XIII! We are all on the Journey here. So glad you're coming along with us.. Congratulations on your almost 90 (XC?).
Old 10-11-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Bunchanumbers! Glad you showed up!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Welcome Welcome! Congrats on 90 days sober!!!
As you may have figured out, this is a great group... so much love and support here.

Keep coming back!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey B! Glad to have you here on the journey with us! Congratulations on your sobriety that is awesome!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow, I hope to be able to make it 90 days. I already feel like thats so far away, I have a birthday coming up, then Christmas and New Years, but I feel very hopeful indeed. Its only been two days for me, and I guess I have to just take it a day at a time and then it becomes a week, then 10 days, and on and on...
Old 10-11-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

You can do it. Believe in yourself and stay optimistic This holiday season will be my first one sober and I'm sure it will be tough but like you said - just go at it a day at a time and before you know it, you'll be on your way. Good luck and happy early birthday!

-B

Originally Posted by littlecarmen View Post
Wow, I hope to be able to make it 90 days. I already feel like thats so far away, I have a birthday coming up, then Christmas and New Years, but I feel very hopeful indeed. Its only been two days for me, and I guess I have to just take it a day at a time and then it becomes a week, then 10 days, and on and on...
Old 10-11-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Welcome XI - congrats on 90 days!!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! Wow what a month july was for you, so many changes and you've done it for almost 90 days - fantastic!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome: you sound ready. The fact that you say that this will be your first sober holidays (for me too)... I found this site when I was finally ready and like others I come here everyday. For me reading has been invaluable and it has really helped. To see other people's experiences has been a lesson and I have really learned about alcoholism as well. Once I jumped into posting I felt a difference. I can come here and vent and be understood in ways nobody in my life can understand me. It serves me like a meeting. Welcome again and lets make these holidays the best!!! We can do it!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A.K.A Bri

Thank you! I am more ready this time around than ever before. I actually appreciate and feel more comfortable with SR than meetings... Less pressure and a lot of different people from different walks of life to learn from. I've browsed the boards for a while but today decided to finally join and I'm glad I did. You're all so welcoming and supportive! Here's to a wonderful holiday season We can definitely do it!

-B

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Hi and welcome: you sound ready. The fact that you say that this will be your first sober holidays (for me too)... I found this site when I was finally ready and like others I come here everyday. For me reading has been invaluable and it has really helped. To see other people's experiences has been a lesson and I have really learned about alcoholism as well. Once I jumped into posting I felt a difference. I can come here and vent and be understood in ways nobody in my life can understand me. It serves me like a meeting. Welcome again and lets make these holidays the best!!! We can do it!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome! So glad you joined us...90 days is great!

Look forward to getting to know you here!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Coming to the party with almost 90 days under your belt- sweeeeet! Welcome, you are in the right place.

I'm 92 days myself- it will be nice to have you along, B.