Notices

Don't substitute your alcohol with koolaid!

Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't substitute your alcohol with koolaid!

I'm on day 49 right now and yesterday I was hit with some overwhelming urges to drink again. It was the first time I really felt it since the first week away from my tour de booze!
I thought I was free from this addiction, I thought I had "made it!"
But I was truly humbled yesterday when I almost faltered. I was getting too confident in myself lately and I was drinking what they call "koolaid" believing in myself etc.
In a lot of ways I'm glad I went through what I did yesterday! It's good to be humbled! I'm onto day 50 tomorrow and will keep chugging (not booze) along
Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on soon to be day 50.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I think believing in myself, as long as that means believing in my ability to never drink again, is essential. I think as addicts, that is something we have had beaten out of us, and that needs careful work to reinstate. We deserve to be sober and need to believe that we can achieve it. That kind of self confidence is all to the good.

Well done on day 50.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
The urge did not come because you were confident in your ability to quit drinking. The urge came because sometimes urges do that. You did a great job recognizing that and moving through it. It has been my experience that urges/cravings fade to nothingness over time. Many years after quitting, I may have an occasional passing thought of alcohol, but it's fleeting and certainly nothing to be afraid of. I don't know much in this life, but I do know one thing with confidence. I will never put alcohol in my body.