Notices

Day 3 tired and still feeling hungover!

Old 10-10-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 tired and still feeling hungover!

Hate these fake hangovers!

Got home yesterday after 4 night break in forest resort (uk) and need another holiday to recover. It was extremely stressful, my son had numerous meltdowns, was up at 5am every day and I can't sleep anyway. Damn this insomnia! Oh and it rained every day lol.

On a positive note my little one loved the walks in the woods, splashing in puddles and going swimming. And also the ducks swans geese and squirrels that came tapping on our patio doors to be fed

Thought about buying wine last night when he was kicking off and I was getting stressed but had a cup of tea instead yay!

Onwards and upwards. Hope everyone is doing ok and coping with the weekend. I'm dreading the next two days purely because my husband is back at work on 12hr shifts so I'm on my own with no help. So am hoping my son will be in a happy mood today! Going to take him to the park this morning and the supermarket this afternoon. Then hopefully going to visit a relative tomorrow.

Here's to a sober weekend for us all
Old 10-11-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have a great weekend Mavis, your doing great!
Old 10-11-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll have a lot of help here Mavis - all you have to do is ask for it

D
Old 10-11-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

day 3 and counting M i promise if you dont drink things will get better so much it take a bit of time but you dont have to feel like this ever again

good luck Mavis
Old 10-11-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome, Mavis! I totally hear you on the autism meltdowns...my 10 year old's have been epic lately, and my husband came home from being out of town and somehow exacerbated the problem. I'm going to try to immerse myself in planning my 8-year-old's birthday, because if you saw my other post you know I've gone back to the wine to deal with family challenges...NOT GOOD. Hang in there, you're doing great.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm right there with you on day 4. You're sounding pretty positive and seem to be keeping some balance.

Getting outdoors will help, I think. I'm gonna try to get up off the couch, myself, and get a walk in.

Wishing you continued success!
Old 10-11-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great memories you're making for your son Mavis. I remember those days...hang in there.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”

Glad you and your little one enjoyed the puddles. :-)
Old 10-11-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you Mavis! If you can go to the relative tomorrow, that would help. When my husband wasn't around while working or otherwise I would go to my parents house with my children. My son is ADHD and can be challenging at times. Wine was one way I used to cope. Which then left me short tempered and made it worse.

Sounds like you had a great time despite the rain. That's great!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks guys it's been a very challenging day. Haven't drunk though

Josharon and ruby2 I'm sorry you have these challenges too but it's nice to talk to people who understand. Today I have just stuffed my face, comfort eating - not good as I need to lose 4 stone but I guess it's better than wine x
Old 10-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Mavis
Old 10-11-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Being alone with my young child with no help (which is pretty much every night) is a huge trigger for me too and something I really need to figure out. Great job staying sober and best wishes!