Notices

I'm new here. I can't do this on my own anymore.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new here. I can't do this on my own anymore.

Today marks yet another day 1 of recovery for me. I really messed up this time. My husband left me because of my mental health and drinking behaviours. I am not coping well with the separation and I'm spiraling out of control. I have 2 kids caught in the middle and I don’t know how to pull it together, my drinking has taken everything I love away from me. I've been trying to get sober on my own but I fail every time and I need help to cope.

I work nights so it's hard to make it to meetings. I've heard good things about this place and I hope I can finally find some peace in my life. I don't want to suffer alone anymore.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Lunikk,

Welcome to SR. You are not on your own any more. There's loads of support here.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your troubles.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome lunikk

This is a great community - support 24/7 - you'll feel at home here in no time

reach out for help when you need it

D
Old 10-10-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

may I suggest you focus on building up your physical health with fish, meat, eggs, greens and staples so that if you do drink the hangovers won't overtake your resolve to regain your footing. I believe our pain is part of ourselves but not that we are part of our pain. Your self is bigger than your emotions, feelings and thoughts and drinking knocks out that truth. You will find a way if you settle into who you really are, tell us. Pleased to meet you.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, lunikk! It's good to have you with us. No need to suffer alone and face it by yourself. Maybe it's time to try something else. Most of us have been in your shoes and know the agony of addiction, that feeling of hating yourself and the way you drink all the while knowing full well you'll be right back at it tomorrow.

The good news is it doesn't have to be that way! You can change your life, if you're ready.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear that Lunikk...but you can change this. Remember your the only person who can make you drink. The main thing that has gotten me this far in sobriety (like 14 months) is knowing that I am powerless over alcohol once I take that first drink. The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. You can change your life Lunikk. Being sober is actually pretty simple...just whatever you do don't put alcohol in your mouth and you will be okay. As long as you stay sober you may very well be able to save your marriage. Good luck you can do it! You have tons of support around here too!
Old 10-10-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Originally Posted by Lunikk View Post
Today marks yet another day 1 of recovery for me. I really messed up this time. My husband left me because of my mental health and drinking behaviours. I am not coping well with the separation and I'm spiraling out of control. I have 2 kids caught in the middle and I don’t know how to pull it together, my drinking has taken everything I love away from me. I've been trying to get sober on my own but I fail every time and I need help to cope.

I work nights so it's hard to make it to meetings. I've heard good things about this place and I hope I can finally find some peace in my life. I don't want to suffer alone anymore.
Welcome Lunikk,

I admire your bravery for reaching out to us.

You say "yet another" day 1 so you have successfully stopped drinking (even for a day) before? You can do that again.

I'm really sorry to hear about your separation and the situation with your kids and I hear your desperation.

You absolutely are not alone here and while there is never a cast iron guarantee of peace, you will find here people, lots and lots of people, who have gone through, and are going through exactly your situation and people who understand when nobody else around you does.

Keep posting.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Hi Lunikk, I know how you feel. My partner left me because of my drinking and totally unpredictable behaviour. That was four months ago and I responded by going on a huge spree that spiraled horrendously. To be honest I have never accepted the powerlessness approach to alcoholism, and believed I could do it alone. Man, I was so so wrong. I could barely get a day on my own. And I'm now on my second day sober and realising how small my world has become. And me on my own I will drink. I am coming to truly accept I am powerless over alcohol. Need support and help, and if I take a drink whats guaranteed is I will get drunk, but I have no idea what I will say, do, think or feel or where I will end up.No idea. Truly insane. I feel I have turned a corner in my acceptance of the problem. Powerlessness and second that I can't do it alone. Wish you all the best...
Old 10-10-2014, 02:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR

Hello Lunikk your not alone really nice to meet you
Old 10-10-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcometo SR. As others have said, you are not alone.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Lunikk, and welcome. I'm really sorry to hear about your marriage (I have two kids too) but I'm really glad you posted. We are here to support you because we've been/are where you are. Take good care.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Lunikk, to the SR family. As you can already see, you will know support, understanding and encouragement here.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Lunikk, I lost a long-term relationship due to my drinking. My mental health was also suffering. I got help, sobered up, and realized my depression and anxiety was a direct result of my alcoholism. After a couple months sober, my mental health improved drastically.

Give up the booze. See what happens. I promise you that all facets of your life will improve.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

After hundreds of day ones I found this forum and learned a better way.

Each of us has to walk our own path to sober living.

None of us has to walk it alone.

You are standing in the doorway to a new life.

Open the door and c'mon in.

You can do this.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lunikk!!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means so much to me.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hey Lunikk, why not join the Class of October 2014 thread or check in with the 24-Hour Recovery Connections?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-2014-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4948582

Last edited by Coldfusion; 10-10-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: added links
Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome lunikk, lots of help for you here. Put the drink down and the fog will lift.x
Old 10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome Lunikk - like so many others have said you CAN do this - sorry to hear of your troubles but things will get better if you are sober I believe that from reading many posts on here and it gives me hope and the strength to fight that inner demon