A Good Day

Old 10-09-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking A Good Day

Managed a good day. My loved one is dealing with the withdrawls surprisingly well...at least from what I can tell. We didn't discuss it much at all really, I saw him for about an hour and a half today.

I managed to occupy my mind....baking a few things for a nonprofit benefit sale/auction...took my boy to an open house at the fire station...

I'm glad I managed to not focus on the mixed emotions about the whole process...being able to chat here about every thing yesterday helped tremendously....
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad things are going well for you today. My day is going pretty smooth---- the big LONG weekend But, I will stay sober.

You and your child have a great weekend alright!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Making ourselves sick with worry and having bad days won't change the outcome and will draw us down into the dark place we don't want to be.

It's not easy, sometimes we have to MAKE ourselves have a good day and I smiled when I saw how well you managed all that.

Keep up the good work, and I really do hope you have a wonderful day today too.

Hugs
Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you had a good day and wishing you the same today.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well...friday sucked a little bit. I was grumpy and the withdrawl symptoms loterally just annoyed me...I had no problem letting him no either. I needed the vent but I felt super bad about it afterward. So today I just stayed away...visited some family then spent the night with a group of work friends being crafty for one's wedding. My significant other needed the privacy and I needed the mini vacation from it all...

All in all it was a good day...his symptoms are lessening too so hopefully he's through the hardest part. I'm so ready to move on with our lives.