Notices

Don't give up. EVER

Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't give up. EVER

Hi SR friends,

Just wanted to say a heartfelt THANK you to all who sent me messages/posts after my recent trip to the hospital. It was another harsh lesson that sober time whether it be 55 days or 30 days does not make is safe to drink again. EVER.

It's been a rough couple of days mentally/emotionally. I'm dealing with alot of self directed anger/loathing again. But i've dealt with this before...I know it passes. I know i WILL feel better in a week or so.

The posts/messages were perfect. Some were of the get back up you can do it variety...Some were of the *WHERE the HELL was the post before you thought you could drink AGAIN??? variety!*

Truth be told. I needed to hear both.

I'm back here again. 5 days sober. Going to buy a card and flowers and visit the hospital today. I think i need to pay the nurses station a visit. Though i don't remember who helped me on Thursday...And i don't know how i acted either. I need to take accountability for my actions.

I'm back. I won't be leaving again. I'm not drinking today, with God's help and will i will remain sober today.

To all of us. Please Don't give up on yourselves. EVER
Old 10-07-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

I made sure i went back to the hospital and fire station to thank them in saving my life

Well done finding i completly understand

brilliant post
Old 10-07-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are finding a way, Findingtheway. I love that you are going to the hospital today with a thank you gift. Wonderful wonderful gesture and a great way to grab that accountability. YAY for you!
Old 10-07-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I certainly agree with wolf and altoids, what you are doing is a great outward gesture that, I think, symbolizes another turning point for you. And I have learned from your experience to never let AV whisper in my ear that I've proven that I can handle alcohol now.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!