Notices

I need a number to call

Old 10-05-2014, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need a number to call

Im looking for someone to talk to. Some one who can help me by just talking to me. I'm lost and drunk again for the thousandth time. I can't do it on my own. I'm losing everything. My house, family, joy. Whoever has learned how to cope with this disease, I want a relationship with you. As much as you may be able to help me, I hope to return it in the future.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-06-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

I know the feeling, lost and drunk. It's enough being lost never mind being drunk on top.

You are looking for a magician. There are no wizards on this forum, nobody on whom you may rely to utter soothing words that will ease your pain - aside from those who have been through it all before and know what they're talking about.

Part of the answer is easy. Don't drink. It makes everything worse. Much worse.

I hope you read this when you wake up, sober. Best wishes, Keegan - hope to see you around the forum.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Keegan

I had it remove your phone number. It's against our rules for you to post your phone number. It's for your safety and well being, and the safety and well being of everyone else here as well.

This is an open forum, searchable not only by our members, but able to be read by anyone on the internet.

I'm perfectly happy to talk to you here tho, on the boards, or by Private Message (pm) if you prefer.

I know scores of others here will be too

There are also a number of US helplines to call - here are two that people here have used in the past:
Phone Contacts...

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol problems

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
D
Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just another Pickle Man

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Im looking for someone to talk to. Some one who can help me by just talking to me. I'm lost and drunk again for the thousandth time. I can't do it on my own. I'm losing everything. My house, family, joy. Whoever has learned how to cope with this disease, I want a relationship with you. As much as you may be able to help me, I hope to return it in the future.
I would be open to exchange information

I am looking for the same thing. Someone to talk to outside of just the online community

I am not available tonight, since it is 4am and everyone in my house is asleep and I wouldnt want to wake them, but maybe we could start talking after today and help each other through the recovery process if you are interested

If so, shoot me a PM and tell me a little bit about yourself
Old 10-06-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds like you would benefit greatly from AA meetings. I think you can call them any time and there is someone there to talk to you and help get you to a meeting.
Please call your local AA.
When you are in between meetings, do check in here for online support. You can get better.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm here for you, too. Keep posting and send me a PM if you want. I am willing to talk to you. Remember "Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find". You will find help and comfort. Stay with us. We all care.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Mera. Sounds like AA could be a good fit for you. I am generally on here in the mornings around 6:30 or so. You can always pm me if you need to.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi.
In a lot of areas there are people who will talk with you if you call the local AA hot line number. In smaller communities they use recordings which sometimes have live people to call.

There is also the idea of going to actual AA meetings which has helped millions in the last 75 years who wanted to focus on sobriety.
In my experience just talking about it will not be enough to maintain sobriety as much work and action is required. Talking is a good start but not the whole answer. IMO.

BE WELL
Old 10-06-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Keegan, we are here. I also suggest going to an aa meeting. You will meet many people suffering as you are, and gain a lot of strength from the support. Keep posting and every time you feel like picking up a drink, remind yourself of how awful it makes you feel, and how like us, you can never drink again. I wish you the best.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I abhor typing to communicate so sometimes I go to meetings or call one of many numbers I got from my home group. Sometimes I call my sober brother. Going to one meeting and stating what you did here will get you many numbers to choose from. Best wishes.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support. Dee, thank you for removing my number. I wasn't in the right state of mind the respect the rules of the forum.

I'm going to my first AA meeting tomorrow evening. I'm one of those who do not drink everyday, but it seems to get closer and closer to that. I drink and cannot stop. I understand the simplicity of just don't drink but unfortunately putting that simple principle into practice seems to be extremely challenging.

Again thank you again for the your support and I apologize for posting on here while I was drunk. I look forward to getting to know everyone. For every day I feel lost, when I wake up I always feel hope.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

K, you are at a wonderful place right now.

You have asked for support.

When you go to the AA meeting, speak up. Then use those phone numbers whenever you feel like you need to drink. Anyone you call in AA will know what to say to you to help you get through any crisis in the moment.

((Blessings)) to you. This thread made me happy just now. It's a moment when we ask for help and it is given. Beautiful.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

No problem at all Keegan - many of us have been there, including me.
I'm glad you're feeling better, but that PM offer always stands

best wishes on the meeting

D
Old 10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

AA would be good for you
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks again for the support. First meeting went well and I am going to be able to get through this. Can't wait to get to know you all.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hope things are well, Keegan.