He got arrested last night

Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He got arrested last night

I wake up to two voicemails this morning. "You have a call from inmate..." I went online to see what the charges were and if he was still in (in Florida you can look any arrests up). Unfortunately, evil twin bailed him out. It was a trespassing charge, and from what I gather, this is what happened: he and evil twin were kicked out of their hotel for being drunk idiots, and then my husband decided to go back. That's my best guess. I'm tempted to call the DA about doing the Marchman act. If I would've been awake for the calls, I would've said it to the arresting officer. I mean, what harm would it do? I dunno. I just woke up so maybe I'm not thinking clearly.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

breakfasthere....I get how upsetting this experience must be for you.

This is one more event that shows the progressiveness of this disease....and how self-destructive an active alcoholic can be.

Don't let this derail you from your own goals. It is his problem...it is on his side of the street. You have n o control of his side of the street....

dandylion
Old 10-05-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the arresting officer could have made that determination had he assessed your AH to be a danger to himself or others, or so impaired with possible coupling mental health issues. as it is you do not know the facts of the arrest, only suppositions.

this should be further impetus for you to get on with your life and get far far away from him. as you said, what harm could it do??
Old 10-05-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am still leaving for sure. In fact, I mailed most of my stuff yesterday. So I'm definitely going. However, I feel like I should at least give the DA a heads up as to what is going on and see if I can't influence the court to sentence him to some kind of treatment. It doesn't guarantee his sobriety, I know. However, my aunt was "nudged by the judge" 21 years ago to mandatory AA and she's been sober ever since. 21 years and counting! So I do have faith that if it worked for her it may work for him. All the offices are closed today but I think I will call in the morning. His sister has also agreed to make a call and write a letter. I have prayed and prayed for something to happen, and I think this *could* be a turning point. I am not exactly hopeful but I'd rather know I did literally everything I could to help. I cannot fix him, but maybe a big slap from reality can.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Maybe make it a parting gift, but do your best not to get caught up once more. Pity you can't do it for the twin brother too, because it sounds like they are feeding each other's sickness.