Notices

33 days

Old 10-04-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I can't say that I don't want to drink, but I feel like what's the point. I feel like my life pretty much sucks right now with or without alcohol. Being objective it really doesn't suck. I have a nice apartment with nice neighbors. A decent job even though it is extremely difficult right now. I know with time it will get better.

Each day I find myself watching the clock so I can go to bed. I have 2 pups that I adore and wouldn't think of going to bed too early. They need their play time and walks. Plus I do try to keep them on a schedule. (New pup is 9 weeks old so schedule is important.) Honestly I feel the new pup has really helped me stay sober. Now my 2 year old (pup) is going to have knee surgery in 2 weeks so it is very important to stay sober so I can be 100% for when she's recovering.

I'm sure the depression will pass. I've had a lot of major life changing in the last 14 months. It has taken a toll on me. I just need to give myself a little TLC (not sure how) and keep plugging along.

As you can tell I'm rambling. I constantly feel so much confusion and indecisiveness with my thinking.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sounds like you're doing great to me. Just keep at it.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you answered your own question. Take care of those pups .

Between us fur-parents, I think they like us better Sober. I know my rabbits sure do

Bunnez
Old 10-04-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Sinderos so good to hear from you so glad your hanging in there

you will always have us big hugs sinderos

Old 10-04-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself a chance Sinderos. If you're like me you drank for years - there's a huge adjustment and a lot of recuperation of mind and body there...it usually takes a little longer than 30 days

Do see your Dr if you're concerned, but I feel confident you'll feel better this next 30 days

D
Old 10-04-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound great to me. 33 days is terrific. Be good to yourself- it will get better. It's tough in the beginning. You sound like a kind and caring person and I'm sure that your pups appreciate your care. Stick with us here- you can get through this, and you will be so glad you did.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

30 days is still early in creating a whole new life, it took me years of drinking to get to where I got to, so I needed time to adjust to sobriety!!

Hang in there!!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 33 days! Well done!